GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The original thread was suzuki is listening, however after reading many posts from other owners it would seem that the different distributers in other markets have varied reactions to our problem. It may just be a matter of perseverance on your part . Start with your dealer, some are proving helpful. Next go to the distributer, lastly try contacting Japan . Here is the original post......
After reading a post from Tobben who said his dealer replaced his ECU and that all the snatchy throttle problems were solved I contacted Suzuki Australia. I e-mailed them at 9.30am . I said that in Norway an owner was given a new upgraded ECU under warranty . That I was experiencing the same throttle problems and could they supply me with the new unit. At lunch time I received a call from my dealer. He informed me Suzuki had authorised him to fit the new ECU to my bike. He expected to have the part in a week or two and when it arrives he will make a time to fit it.So to anyone with a throttle problem , before you spend any money on a re- flash or PC5 try contacting Suzuki and asking for the new ECU. Tobben says after fitting his bike was transformed so I am confident that this will solve all the fuelling issues, and at no cost.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Sounds interesting, do we know what specifically has been changed?
I'll get in touch with UK head office and see what happens.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I sent an email to suzuki Italy, after a couple of day my dealer called me.
They fit a new ecu ECM 32920-04k31-000

I did it a few week ago and now the bike run much better almost perfect.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I sent an email to suzuki Italy, after a couple of day my dealer called me.
They fit a new ecu ECM 32920-04k31-000

I did it a few week ago and now the bike run much better almost perfect.
Thanks very much for the part number. Would you happen to know the part number that the bike comes with stock?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When talking to the dealer he mentioned that not all bikes in australia would need the swap over. So guessing at some point Suzuki started fitting the new module as standard. Their original opinion was that there wasn't a problem and the throttle was meant to be ''exciting''.Maybe they relised that hitting a bump on full tilt around a corner and having the bike leap forward while the rider was trying to hold a line was not such a great idea after all.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks very much for the part number. Would you happen to know the part number that the bike comes with stock?

Yes, ECM 32920-04k30-000 is the original one.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Sounds interesting, do we know what specifically has been changed?
I'll get in touch with UK head office and see what happens.
I'll email Suzuki UK too.... Really we must be mad putting up with this dangerouse throttle problem all this time and some of us spending a foutune on expensive plasters. Shold have mass emailed Suzuki ages ago...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi can anybody provide the e-mail address for Suzuki UK and what to say, my throttle is terrible at low revs not smooth at all, and is stuttering all the time, however after 4k revs it gets better, I've got the F model and bough it last sept, was going to get it chipped but this could be a better chance without spending a fortune, cheers

·
Registered
724 Posts
What might be a good idea would be for the UK chaps who has the problem is to email Suzuki UK, Plus record on here that you have done.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've only bough my gsx 1000s f about 8weeks ago will mine need new acu ??????????????
When you bought it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Bought mine in April, dealer had it for about a week, but build date was 08/15. And aside from that, we have no idea if or when Suzuki started or will start putting updated ECMs in the production line.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I emailed Suzuki GB last weekend and officially requested a new or upgraded ECU as I'd heard other dealers in Europe were doing this. Their reply was to contact the dealer from who I purchased the bike. So I did and they are supposedly chasing it up with Suzuki on my behalf. Watch this space....

·
Registered
307 Posts
I emailed Suzuki GB last weekend and officially requested a new or upgraded ECU as I'd heard other dealers in Europe were doing this. Their reply was to contact the dealer from who I purchased the bike. So I did and they are supposedly chasing it up with Suzuki on my behalf. Watch this space....
let us know what happens

1 - 20 of 397 Posts