GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving for "financial reasons". Mir expected to replace Pol Espargaro at Repsol Honda, and Rins (maybe) to Yamaha(?).

Financial reasons...well, that might explain the slow rollout/deliveries of the new GT. And with the world economy in the shape it's in, things may be set to get worse.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Leaving for "financial reasons". Mir expected to replace Pol Espargaro at Repsol Honda, and Rins (maybe) to Yamaha(?).

Financial reasons...well, that might explain the slow rollout/deliveries of the new GT. And with the world economy in the shape it's in, things may be set to get worse.

Started a thread this morning

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it's more a symptom of a late-stage financial environment, and it's likely to get worse. The global economy is on thin ice. Central banks have printed the world into a corner, and events like Ukraine are exposing how fragile the supply chain is.

Whatever...Suzuki leaving MotoGp is significant, not so much because of what it says about the "value" of MotoGP to the company, but what it says about the economic situation.

·
Registered
973 Posts
im usually a deal hunter, I HAVE ALWAYS gotten great msrp pricing, leftovers, haggling, discounts, but thats why I went ahead and pre ordered the gsxs 1000gt. I can see prices getting hiked, not because suzuki wants too, but ****s about to get pricier in raw materials.

I mean, it may only be a few hundred, or pennies, but nothings going to get cheaper.

·
Registered
615 Posts
im usually a deal hunter, I HAVE ALWAYS gotten great msrp pricing, leftovers, haggling, discounts, but thats why I went ahead and pre ordered the gsxs 1000gt. I can see prices getting hiked, not because suzuki wants too, but ****s about to get pricier in raw materials.

I mean, it may only be a few hundred, or pennies, but nothings going to get cheaper.
I'll bet the gt could be resold for a profit...if we ever get them lol

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'll bet the gt could be resold for a profit...if we ever get them lol
I mentioned this before, I bought my 2013 gsxr 750 off showroom floor in 2014 for 9k OTD. I rode it 10-12k miles, sold it for 6500, he rode it another 10k miles and sold it for like 10k last year.

THATS MORE THAN IT WAS NEW WITH 20k miles.
I dont fault people like us selling, its the IDIOTS who are willing to pay it? like, why does someone NEED a bike to pay that much, they are why the economy is screwed up. way too much money in it that got handed out, and they just want to blow it on junk.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I mentioned this before, I bought my 2013 gsxr 750 off showroom floor in 2014 for 9k OTD. I rode it 10-12k miles, sold it for 6500, he rode it another 10k miles and sold it for like 10k last year.

THATS MORE THAN IT WAS NEW WITH 20k miles.
I dont fault people like us selling, its the IDIOTS who are willing to pay it? like, why does someone NEED a bike to pay that much, they are why the economy is screwed up. way too much money in it that got handed out, and they just want to blow it on junk.
I think the reason is...there's a shortage of bikes. My dealer, who's been in business in same locale since 1966, has 3 Suzuki's in stock...and two of them are ATV's...the other is a dirt bike. Inventory is low everywhere. I wonder...what would my mint condition 2017 BMW S1000RR with 20,000 miles sell for? Guesses?

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think the reason is...there's a shortage of bikes. My dealer, who's been in business in same locale since 1966, has 3 Suzuki's in stock...and two of them are ATV's...the other is a dirt bike. Inventory is low everywhere. I wonder...what would my mint condition 2017 BMW S1000RR with 20,000 miles sell for? Guesses?
but who the fk is like, ok im going to pay 10k for a 9 year old bike with 20k miles.

common sense people, YOU WONT DIE IF YOU DONT HAVE A BIKE, so lets pay the price of a brand new bike 10 years later. same with mustangs, cars etc, people are just paying anything, old cars at new car prices. and there may be a few that really need a bike, but 99% of them just have an excess of money that was free to them from all the unemployment/welfare handouts in america.

I live near the hood, straight up welfare galore, they always drove around beat up cars, duck tape bumpers etc, been here 10 years. 1 year later, they are all driving chargers, challengers, escalades, impalas, then further down road, they are all on like those giant dub rims etc, black tint, no license plates.

I mean, in a way I would like to think it was a great thing for my area, as now we dont have hazards on the road, but I guarantee you they paid doubled what the vehicles was worth, but why not? free money right?

yeah im spiteful, I hate the people in my area, its so bad. run red lights, dont stop at stop signs, triple speed limit, shoplifting broad day light, police will not respond, I saw a person going car to car trying to open car doors, (I had my wallet jacked twice) and the cops said, "did he hurt you" I said no. they said, leave him alone.

I said da fuq? go talk to him, they said sir, no. we have better things to do. "BETTER THAN LETTING A DUDE STEAL ****"? it isnt a priority here. crimes accepted, and thats why I have a full on loaded shotgun waiting for someone to enter my home. not even thinking twice.literally all the stores shutdown, malls left, nothing but crime and drugs here. if you googled my little area its just murders, shootings, robbing, gang shootings, etc.. people have metal bars on their windows.

its so bad. oh and about the comment thinking it would benefit the area right? no. the areas are all still run down, just now have a nice car in front of the areas.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Free: have you heard of Florida…it’s south of you, just don’t tell every body.

Bear: the in-line‘s can’t seem to make the horse power that the v-4’s do at the ultra hi revolutions in motogp. And that’s too big of a leap in expense for a smaller company like Suzuki. I will miss the in motogp but will continue to enjoy their well engineered in-lines on the roads where I live.

ps Mir will be fine no matter what he is on.. he is a very talented rider.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It leaves a hole in the field, for sure. Suzuki seemed to be making progress, but not enough to get top step yet. And maybe the cost of getting there was the final straw. It's nice to see Aprilia making big strides, but their budget can't be close to Suzuki's, so...? Pretty soon it'll be Ducati vs...Ducati...lol!

·
Registered
7 Posts
It leaves a hole in the field, for sure. Suzuki seemed to be making progress, but not enough to get top step yet. And maybe the cost of getting there was the final straw. It's nice to see Aprilia making big strides, but their budget can't be close to Suzuki's, so...? Pretty soon it'll be Ducati vs...Ducati...lol!
Sad to hear for sure, however they were top of the podium in 2020. They have the bike for it and their riders a both are full of skill. Seems just like yesterday they came back to MoroGP after a few years hiatus.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts