GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here we are again with another bitch about these dam fairing panels. This time its the clips that hold it on. There appears to be three sizes. If you buy new ones from Suzuki they are something like $2.50 each for the larger ones so I assume the smaller ones are ridiculously priced. I am looking for another source for similar fasteners but I think size matters LOL. I found some "honda" fasteners at the auto parts store that look very similar but they did not work. It appears that diameter and length are critical. Has anyone found another source. What I found on amazon is inexpensive but there is no way to know if they will actually work. What I found on the OEM parts site does not describe the size, it just has a picture next to a ruler which is not that helpful. Did Suzuki really make these that specific for only there products.

And what were they thinking when they put their rear break fluid reservoirs completely buried. They put the front one up in the middle of the windshield but the rear is so deeply buried it looks like a significant effort just to open in and chance or top off fluid level.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I feel you on the fasteners. But I like how hidden the rear reservoir is - those are usually really ugly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL like that remote front reservoir is attractive? When did technology require the front brake to need a remote reservoir? If I am not mistaken many bikes or most used to have them incorporated in the lever assembly. And hidden is fine but how about behind a removable body panel or something. I think there is room somewhere. The GSXR and GSXS both are buried. Thanks for getting back on this.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Search Ebay

I don't remember where, but I bought a set of mixed sizes, came in a little clear plastic box with dividers. They are out there

·
Registered
575 Posts
It looks like they come in 6mm, 7mm, and 8mm sizes. You can order some here:
In the click down you can order a 10 pc package of each (so, three different orders to get all three sizes.)
Cost is $3.51 for the 6mm (10 pieces)
Cost is $4.13 for the 7mm (10 pieces)
Cost is $4.39 for the 8mm (10 pieces)
Shipping is free.
So for a grand total of $12.03, you can get 30 clips/rivets in various sizes to fit your bike. That's far better than $2.50 for a single unit. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I saw those listings but had my doubts that they would actually fit. For the price I really care if they don't. It is more a matter of time. Not that the bikes cannot be ridden with a few missing since I took the 750 out last night for the first time this year and it was definitely a mind altering experience. Never fails to have me talking to myself inside my helmet saying "this is the most incredible sport bike". Of coarse then I think maybe a 1000 would be even better lol.

I order some and post back if they work or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts