GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I have been through many posts and realize many are experiencing a "snatcy" or "jerky" ride at slow speed. I think I saw a post where someone got a new ECU from Suzuki and it turned out to dramatically reduce overall power of the bike without solving the problem.

My dealer has gotten authority to replace the ECU. I haven't tried any of the other steps yet and am starting to feel like the issue is going away. I don't want to turn down the new ECU if it will make it better but don't want to make it worse. My bike was not recalled. This was a straight request up the chain.

Anybody had their ECU replaced in the last couple months? Any good results or advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
415 Posts
We've done this subject to death, have a thorough search and you'll find multiple threads on the subject.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just get it replaced. I did this a couple months ago, all under warranty, it made the bike much nicer to ride. No power loss, just smoother throtle response ? Just make sure your dealer or who ever does it adjusts the TPS correctly, if they don't your wasting your time..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had mine replaced this week massive difference no loss in power if any thing i think it has a bit more in the mid range so much smother and i think
it sounds louder but that could just be all in my head lol

I think you should do it and enjoy the bike like your supposed to.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Has anyone in the US gotten theirs replaced?
Only the Cali models would be as severely affected at the overseas bikes, the other 49 states don't require the extra emission gadgets. I don't think I've seen anyone in the US even really complain about a snatchy throttle (yet), but I haven't been on the forums very long.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Had mine done made things worse. Full investigation resulted in primary TPS repositioning which sorted 90%. I had mods done that not only sorted all the issues but gave me an awesome bike!

·
Registered
112 Posts
mine came new with the new ECU. Had the on/off fueling issue at 3,100 and bit of surging. Adjusted the TPS at first service fixed the surging but the dead spot in the fueling remained.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts