GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

Suzuki has unveiled three new GSX models at the INTERMOT International Motorcycle, Scooter and Bicycle Fair in Cologne, Germany.

Toshihiro Suzuki, President of Suzuki Motor Corporation introduced an “enhanced model series that can be enjoyed by everyone, from people just starting out on a bike through to veteran riders.”

For new riders, there’s the GSX-R125 which is a 125 cc full-faired motorcycle. The 125cc segment has been gaining popularity recently and Suzuki probably wanted a piece of that pie. They haven’t announced the full list of specs for this model, but we do know that it’ll come with the company’s easy start feature and ABS as standard.

Next up is the GSX-S750 which follows in the design footsteps of the GSX-S1000 with an aggressive styling. Powering this bike is a tweaked liquid-cooled, inline-four cylinder, four-stroke engine with a total power output of 113PS. Unfortunately, the GSX-S750 is on the heavy side as it has a wet weight of 213kg, but there’s plenty of positives including low rpm assist, radial calipers with 310mm floating discs and standard ABS.

Then there’s the 2017 GSX-R1000, a model Suzuki claims to be the most powerful GSX-R ever built. Sporting an in-line four-cylinder engine with a redesigned, Variable Valve Timing (VVT) system, the GSX-R1000 is expected to crank out 199.27 horsepower and 86.7 ft. lbs of torque.

Other models unveiled at Intermot includes the V-Strom 1000/ V-Strom 1000XT and V-Strom 650/ V-Strom 650XT. On top of these 5 new models, four more are set to be unveiled at EICMA 2016 in Milan next month.

·
Registered
328 Posts
direct from intermot
2017 gsx-s with few acc.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
I paid good money to black out my Hayabusa. Apparently with the GSXS I just need to trade my current one in for a new one! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any news on the above pictures of the GSXS? Will there be a new model for 2017 or 2018? Has anyone heard anything yet?

No news from EICMA so I don't believe anything is coming for '17.

·
Registered
328 Posts
nothing new , as i found in italy the models exposed in germany

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Dekker! Suzuki Canada website also got updated. I kept monitoring the site over the last few months.. :)

+~4hp and +1.5 lb.ft of torque is likely an ECU upgrade. i will get these HP once I upgrade the ECU, which I would have done anyways. I'm sure the ones that complain about the sensitive throttle would prefer that ecu. I don't mind that much.

Back torque clutch would be nice though.

I also notice they now have black levers and black foot rests and a slightly tinted windshield. A bit nicer, indeed.

But, presumably due to exchange rate with the US, the Canadian bike is also 1000$ more than last year's! That's the most significant change here! ahah! I'm glad I bought 1 year ago anyways! :D Plus, I got the red+black version that survived to 2018!!! My bike will look like a "bike of the year" for 3 years!.... Proving the black and candy red supremacy once and for all! :p

·
Registered
980 Posts
They couldn't have eeked out another 3/4 hp and made it an even 200?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts