GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thumbs up for SW-MOTECH handlebar risers. They have been difficult to find but as of this writing, Twisted Throttle has them for about $75. Install was simple, and no cables or wiring needed to be re-routed. Sitting position is improved for multi-hundred-mile days. I noted a small increase in mirror image vibration but not enough to be distracting. The vibration is not increased through the grips that I could detect. These will not “wow” you, but if you are looking for an incremental improvement in the ergos, I recommend them.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Ha, that's funny I just took mine off (on a whim) yesterday.
I agree with all you said.
I put mine on because I have short arms and the risers do sit you up a bit more.
But I find it more difficult to lean into the wind and get my head down on the tank plus my elbows stick out more; no flexibility in my old bones.
I'll probably be putting them back on when I'm reminded why I bought them in the first place.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thumbs up for SW-MOTECH handlebar risers.

+1 ...As stated by others, they provide just an incremental rise. But coming from a cruiser, they put me right in the sweet spot of comfortable and just sporty enough.

Combined with my new Saddlemen seat, the riding position is just about perfect now.

Both items highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Re my post #2 . I haven't put them back on, they're only a benefit to me riding around town and I do very little of that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts