GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put my T Rex Goodies on the bike as well as my Stomp Grip and Tank protector.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just received from the UK, R&G sliders, I like the looks of them and I know they work well. I had the same tear drop ones on a Gixxer K7 track bike.
Jeffro

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
The R&G sliders look like they would protect the bike well, but they scare me a little from the "if I hit my shin on them" prospective. I've got the Shogun sliders on my bike (just round single bolt mount delrin tubes) and I sometimes question whether they are posing some risk in the event of a collision. Sliders are great for sliding, but if you are in a collision, seems like they could be a problem. Anyone else have those concerns?

·
Registered
327 Posts
The R&G sliders look like they would protect the bike well, but they scare me a little from the "if I hit my shin on them" prospective. I've got the Shogun sliders on my bike (just round single bolt mount delrin tubes) and I sometimes question whether they are posing some risk in the event of a collision. Sliders are great for sliding, but if you are in a collision, seems like they could be a problem. Anyone else have those concerns?
Yen interesting what you say. Been off many times over the years on track and never hit or injured myself with contact from the sliders. I suppose there is a chance but minimal to actually make contact with them. Never really thought about it. They say ignorance is bliss, but now that I am aware that's all gone out the window ha!
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Yen interesting what you say. Been off many times over the years on track and never hit or injured myself with contact from the sliders. I suppose there is a chance but minimal to actually make contact with them. Never really thought about it. They say ignorance is bliss, but now that I am aware that's all gone out the window ha!
Jeffro ;)
I think on the track would be a best case scenario for use. I guess my concern would be in a collision situation. On one of the other forums I was on, a guy hurt his leg pretty bad on a frame slider. I'm not sure how common that is, or if it is even worth thinking about, but on my last bike I ordered, then returned two different versions of sliders because they looked like leg munchers.
:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was actively involved in Roadracing for about eleven years and no; can't say that I've ever heard of someone getting injured from a slider. But remember; it's all relative. There are so many variables to a crash. There are many things that your body can contact on the bike during a crash and so many ways to crash. I've seen guys get hurt badly from a simple low side but others walk away from a high side unscathed. I was one of them. High sided in turn six at Homestead Miami. Landed on the back of my head, then upper back and then legs and slid for what felt like a mile. What was my injury? A cut on my left small finger. How did only THAT happen!?

Anyway, I wouldn't be too concerned about sliders. I think the chances of them helping are far greater than them hindering.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts