GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ordered a set of those engine guards....they are nice and well made...also waiting on the same pipe..lol..mines all tore down right now just doing stuff cause its winter.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered a set of those engine guards....they are nice and well made...also waiting on the same pipe..lol..mines all tore down right now just doing stuff cause its winter.

Yep, mine's completely naked, waiting for me to find time to install the PCV and Autotune.

My son questioned the timing of my purchase in the middle of winter. I said it was the perfect time, 'cause I should have it like I want it by springtime. :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
On my grey naked above it has the t-rex case savers and gsg mototeknic frame sliders.
Ah Ha, I didn't think the frame sliders were T-Rex. Interesting how they mount. Looks like a two bolt mount with some kind of bracket. Looks good. I hope you never need them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ya the sliders are one part that i hope end up only being for show in the end. I chose the gsg sliders because they have a 2 bolt design that looks like it would actually hold up to a spill.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi there,

The T_REX set looks really awesome.
I've ordered the R&G engine case sliders, and before installing them, I want to know if you have faced any problems after mounting the engine case covers (e.g. oil leak).

Regards. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi there,

The T_REX set looks really awesome.
I've ordered the R&G engine case sliders, and before installing them, I want to know if you have faced any problems after mounting the engine case covers (e.g. oil leak).

Regards. :)
I installed the T-Rex case protectors and did not have any oil leaks. I did read somewhere on this forum that someone did experience an oil leak after installing case protectors. I believe the key to "no oil leaks" is to do the work while the oil is cold but that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I installed the T-Rex case protectors and did not have any oil leaks. I did read somewhere on this forum that someone did experience an oil leak after installing case protectors. I believe the key to "no oil leaks" is to do the work while the oil is cold but that is just my opinion.
Thanks for your reply. :)
This is my opinion too.
In this video they said to mount the case covers when engine is cold and after that, they say to run the engine until it reaches a normal temperature and see if there are oil leaks.

·
Registered
434 Posts
just ordered mine as well.. hope to get them before my next track day. I like these... they dont stick out and catch on the track flipping a bike over like other sliders do... thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
49 Posts
The T-rex looks modern compared to my Vagabond engine slider

·
Registered
216 Posts
Bling or functional? You be the judge. :D

Full T-Rex set includes the frame sliders, axle sliders and engine case savers.

Personally, I prefer that they always remain bling only! :eek:
I think your sliders are both Bling & Functional. Looks great!

However, that exhaust really holds the look of your motorcycle back. <joking>

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think your sliders are both Bling & Functional. Looks great!

However, that exhaust really holds the look of your motorcycle back. <joking>
You're right, but it's temporary.

I am going to have Akrapovic build me a custom race full exhaust in titanium ...........

........... as soon as that lottery thing comes through! LOL! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts