GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone find a tail pack that fits nicely on our little back seats? Maybe one that hooks right under the seat itself so there aren't bungie cords stretched all over the place? I hate tank bags, I have several of them, but I'd rather not use them. It takes away from my ability to hug the gas tank for aerodynamics. They're okay on short trips, but long trips I find they take away from my "space".

I just found another thread on this but I can't delete this thread. Anyway, anyone have anything different and new?

Pictures of some tail bags mounted to your bikes would be helpful :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry guys for this wasted thread, but I did find this Qbag on another discussion. It's not sold anywhere in the US so I ordered it from FC Moto in Denmark.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I'm glad I looked on here because American's don't make any cool travel luggage for sport bikes. American's that tour only do it on giant Harley Davidsons and Honda Goldwings. I knew if I looked in Europe I would find some fantastic stuff! Thank you!

Reactions: landy10

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes I'm glad I looked on here because American's don't make any cool travel luggage for sport bikes. American's that tour only do it on giant Harley Davidsons and Honda Goldwings. I knew if I looked in Europe I would find some fantastic stuff! Thank you!
You would look good with a tasseled leather roll bag attached to the handlebars :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's nice too but is much more expensive. It's expandable though, and that's a nice feature.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Fc-moto is actually located in germany. My experience is that they are good as long as they have the item in stock. I have bought a couple of helmets from them beginning in 2006. I have been looking at that tailbag but I needed the money for other things like a PCV.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My secondhand Oxford one is good for when you need to carry more stuff but may get the qbag for day to day, very good price!

Probably should have gone for the 8x6 plate not the 7x5 though:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sorry guys for this wasted thread, but I did find this Qbag on another discussion. It's not sold anywhere in the US so I ordered it from FC Moto in Denmark.
Thanks for posting the Qbag Thumper.. I just ordered one from FC MOTO a few minutes ago. :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine shipped last week. It will arrive in time for our ride to Daytona Bike Week.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I love it. Perfect fit with hidden straps. Very secure attachment. Holds all my raingear, extra shirt, snacks, protein shake and banana.

Attachments

Reactions: DenverYZF

·
Registered
152 Posts
I love it. Perfect fit with hidden straps. Very secure attachment. Holds all my raingear, extra shirt, snacks, protein shake and banana.
Looks great, mine shipped last Wednesday....can't wait to get it. At least I know it will fit since we have the exact same bike.. Lol

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You will love it.

I can't believe nobody makes a tail pack without a dozen straps, buckles, handles and mesh pockets all over the outside. This is the only one I know that has a hidden mount and is completely smooth, like a hard case.

What's more mystifying is that these can't even be searched and purchased from eBay. I would never have found these had it not been for the great people here at GSXS1000.org.

Reactions: Onenote

·
Registered
340 Posts
I bought the Qbag based on you guys's recommendation, figured for the price it was worth the risk. Decent little bag. Fits well, seems secure (although I'm thinking of ways to make it even more secure, I have heard of people wiping out on the highway when their tailbag fell off and got stuck in the rear wheel locking it up). The size is just right, it fits my little air compressor, tire puncture repair kit, rain coat/pants, and a change of clothes for an overnight trip. Probably too small for longer trips though.

Shipping at 20 euros almost doubled the cost of the bag, but it's still far cheaper than anything else I could get. At my local motorcycle stores, all their tail bags are like $180-$250, and most of them are too big, and look bad too. Why aren't small cheap tailpacks like the qbag more common outside Europe? Anywho... I do recommend it for anyone looking for a small tailbag.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the Nelson Rigg CL1060 S tail bag. Pretty much the same as the Q bag but sold here in the States.
I have both :p Got the N-R on sale so it wasn't too painful. It is much bigger than the Q bag so different uses.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts