• Tail tidy

Votes: 10 66.7%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Was wondering how many of you still have the stock fender opposed to fitting a tail tidy? , I've just taken mine off and replaced with stock , not sure I prefer the look but more practical with our UK weather

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi
Was wondering how many of you still have the stock fender opposed to fitting a tail tidy? , I've just taken mine off and replaced with stock , not sure I prefer the look but more practical with our UK weather

I generally run a tail tidy on my Sunday play bike but on my daily I leave the stock one on
And
Add both front and rear fender extenders

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
unfortunately my woodcraft spool lift rear stand, when bike is on its side, and I am trying to put it on the spools, the stock tail tidy is in my stands way. the long tail just hits it.

so I need a tail tidy, something to consider if yours is same.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did look at that brand and figured the bike would look much nicer than with the cheapie one that was on it , looks a good big of kit

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
They definitely tidy the back end up , unfortunately our weather sucks mostly and the water just lands on your back and runs down to sit under your butt 🙈
im a fair weather rider. I think ive ridden in rain less than 20 times in all my years of riding. lol
but I do think the evotech looks the best out of the aftermarket tail tidies. just fyi, tail tidy install is a lot of work. gotta remove a lot of stuff. click on evotech tail tidy, then click on install instructions.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Had one fitted but reverted back to the stock unit purely because of the massive over spray off the rear tyre.

Reactions: Delbert

·
Registered
395 Posts
After a number of years with the sport-bike look, I put the stock tail back on my 2016 F. With the tidy on I could not use the soft saddle bags I have because they obscured the turn signals and brake light too much for my comfort level.
And as a bonus, I don't have to worry about rain so much.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I left mine stock. A tidy tail looks better and is no problem if you never get caught in the rain, but stock is better protection for those days when you get caught out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
One advantage the stock has is that it extends further back and can flex and this protects the rear tail/wheel better in some situations, e.g., while backing in your garage etc.

A few weeks ago a van bumped into me at a traffic light and the rear fender broke right below the turn signals and was a cheap fix.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Fuel tank

1 - 20 of 22 Posts