GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I'm booked in for a Woolich Re-Flash, I'm going to try to get the dealer to sort out the much discussed throttle problem... As a Not Fit For Purpose claim.. ... Really can't justify spending another £330 for a re-flash after the £500 already spent on a PCv+dyno map . Will keep you updated...:|

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Was your bike actually on the dyno or did you just buy a PCV and an off the shelf map?

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Had a proper expensive dyno custom map done... Have taken the the PCv off now so back to standard...:(
I would go back to the tuner and tell them what they did wasn't satisfactory, get that refund! If they refuse, file a charge-back on your credit card (if you paid by cash you're screwed). All the dyno tuners around me offer a money back guarantee, but they revert your bike back to stock before they refund you (obviously).

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would go back to the tuner and tell them what they did wasn't satisfactory, get that refund! If they refuse, file a charge-back on your credit card (if you paid by cash you're screwed). All the dyno tuners around me offer a money back guarantee, but they revert your bike back to stock before they refund you (obviously).
Yep I did moan about still having the snatchy throttle they then explained although they increased the fueling at 1%/6% throttle opening its all a waste of time as the ecu shuts most of the fuel off ... only way is to have a reflash or another replacement ecu with the fuel cut not installed or disabled... All I got was a extra 7 bhp for a hour on the dyno at a cost of £200...:(

·
Registered
98 Posts
Had a proper expensive dyno custom map done... Have taken the the PCv off now so back to standard...:(
Tony, Didn't you fit and tune the PCV then just recently adjust your TPS?

If so did you reset the throttle limits of the PCV and test before removing it?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I adjusted the tps to where I was happy with it. Had the pcv and o2 bypass fitted. Had the dyno done and told the tuner to leave the tps alone despite what his computer told him and set the throttle position to zero on pcv.
Bike runs brilliant and **** fast

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yep I did moan about still having the snatchy throttle they then explained although they increased the fueling at 1%/6% throttle opening its all a waste of time as the ecu shuts most of the fuel off ... only way is to have a reflash or another replacement ecu with the fuel cut not installed or disabled... All I got was a extra 7 bhp for a hour on the dyno at a cost of £200...:(

Tony what fuel are you using , if you are running a higher octane like 98 then try a 95, it's making a big difference for me

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tony what fuel are you using , if you are running a higher octane like 98 then try a 95, it's making a big difference for me
nicka.. I use the cheapest petrol I can find normally 95... I can't see how fuel octane would affect the ECU fuel cut woes...:D

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
nicka.. I use the cheapest petrol I can find normally 95... I can't see how fuel octane would affect the ECU fuel cut woes...:D
Engines have to work a lot harder than you think trying to ignite fuel that has a higher octane rating than what the manufacturer recommends and what the bike is tuned to run on. Runner higher octane than recommended will make less power too since it's harder to ignite the fuel.

Unless you're tuned/flashed for a certain octane you should always run as close as you can to the octane rating that's recommended (without going under), this goes for every internal combustion engine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Although I'm booked in for a Woolich Re-Flash, I'm going to try to get the dealer to sort out the much discussed throttle problem... As a Not Fit For Purpose claim.. ... Really can't justify spending another £330 for a re-flash after the £500 already spent on a PCv+dyno map . Will keep you updated...:|
Had my ECM changed and TPS checked by dealer an all the snatchy throttle response is gone and low speed running at 2500rpm is fine. There is a dealer service bulletin about this.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Had my ECM changed and TPS checked by dealer an all the snatchy throttle response is gone and low speed running at 2500rpm is fine. There is a dealer service bulletin about this.
This sounds promising at least for you chaps in the U.K.

·
Registered
719 Posts
So what about running ethanol free gasoline. There happens to be a station right around the corner from me that sounds 90 octane ethanol free

·
Registered
102 Posts

nicka, do you think that fuel 98 is worse than 95?

Since the first day I bought the motorbike, I use 98.
The manual shows I must use minimum 95

I noticed a light "on/off" between 2000-3000 rpms. TPS is ok (by dealer). He told me my bike is perfect; this no have any problem

·
Registered
974 Posts
nicka, do you think that fuel 98 is worse than 95?

Since the first day I bought the motorbike, I use 98.
The manual shows I must use minimum 95

I noticed a light "on/off" between 2000-3000 rpms. TPS is ok (by dealer). He told me my bike is perfect; this no have any problem

Yes 95 I have just discovered runs so much smoother in my bike and the difference was instantly noticeable. more so for the throttle response not being so touchy and constant speed is now easy again , the on/off isn't too much of a problem for me which was cured with a throttle tamer, TPS set by the dealer and clocking up some k's with my bike now even more of a pleasure to ride, it was like taking the throttle tamer out on 98.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Also I googled GSXR1000 running on 98 octane and so many posts on forums has people saying that the throttle response was increased, for some people and some bikes that may be a good thing but for me and our GSXS I don't think so

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
So what about running ethanol free gasoline. There happens to be a station right around the corner from me that sounds 90 octane ethanol free
Hi dqban,
You should have one or the other fuel label on you tank where E03 & E33 are USA Suzuki area codes, E24 is Australia etc etc.
I would avoid Ethanol as you have the choice. 95 RON equals 90 Octane in knock rating which is what Suzi is saying.

Rob.

E03, 28, 33
Use PREMIUM unleaded
gasoline with min.
90 pump octane.

Fuel label
E12, 21, 24 and others
Use PREMIUM unleaded
gasoline with min.
95 octane (RON).

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE

Bike now back at supplying dealer.. Have told them to have a look on here for more info although they said they don't take much notice of owners forums..!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts