GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am one of the rare guys that actually bought the GSXS to be more touring than it is sport. The biggest problem I have had since buying it it 2017 is the handlebars being too low.

I did the typical sw motech handlebar riser that many others have done and it helped, but I still wasn’t satisfied.

This week I decided to gamble some of my money on an iffy solution and it worked.

I bought a Renthal RC mini 85cc handlebar. (See their website for bend info)

The bar plus the risers worked! The bike has me sitting almost upright now.

for anyone else considering taller handlebars, the only important thing to keep in mind when doing this install is when you drill the bar for the throttle side controls locater nub, make sure to turn it down far enough that the throttle cable won’t be pulled taught when at full lock. If you turn them too low the throttle cables will be in the way of the brake levers travel. There is a sweet spot that allows the lever to have full travel while also moving the cables low enough to be able to reach full lock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I have a throttle lock on my bike as well. Without the lock it would have been easier to shift throttle cables down without interference.

Also, I added foam grip sleeves that added to letting me sit more upright.

The final thing I will say is I think this setup would interfere with the stock windscreen as well. I have a S2 Concepts screen on mine. Any screen that is more upright or forward would probably work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts