GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to know how tall/heavy some you bigger riders are. I never thought I'd be able to get on a bike like this and be comfortable. I'm 6'8" and around 340 lbs. I'll probably lower the pegs a bit but I'm still pretty comfortable with the stockers. Here's a pic to humor you.

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'm curious to know how tall/heavy some you bigger riders are. I never thought I'd be able to get on a bike like this and be comfortable. I'm 6'8" and around 340 lbs. I'll probably lower the pegs a bit but I'm still pretty comfortable with the stockers. Here's a pic to humor you.
6'8 holy crap you win

·
Registered
6 Posts
6'3" here... You win.

But there's something funny about a 6'8" guy at the corner of Darwin street... Maybe it's just me....

·
Registered
176 Posts
I keep complain why the front seat is too large that creates an uncomfortable space between me and my wife and at the same time and the rear one is too small to accommodate her comfortably. After seeing your photo I will stop complain about seat dimension.

·
Registered
299 Posts
6'1" 215 pounds

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice to hear there's other big guys out riding these bikes too. I'm comfortable and the bike is a blast. Definitely the most fun bike I've ever owned. I can see my Busa getting neglected in the near future.

·
Registered
58 Posts
6'1" 220 pounds.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm an old fart at 6'1" at 195# and have found (as other members have) Buell footpegs allow you to stretch your legs a bit...I posted the part numbers on my thread BUELL FOOPEGS WILL WORK ON GSX S1000...I found mine on EBay...ALSO I see that MC-MOTOPARTS sells a 25mm and 40mm extended peg I 'think' would fit...best of luck PEACE RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How does the suspension handle your weight? Will you need upgrades? I'm 225 in gear and don't want to have to upgrade right away.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I've got the rear shock cranked all the way up and the front forks have one ring showing. It's way undersprung for my weight but does ok. I wouldn't push it too hard the way it sits. I spoke to Race tech this week and they're willing to use my forks for R&D then send them back ready to go with new springs and gold valves. The rear shock is garbage and I'll probably just replace the whole unit. Just have to get some funds together to make it happen.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes, you win. I'm only 6' 1" @ 225. My brothers are taller than me, not as tall as you, and they also made their motorcycles look smaller. They rode 600cc bikes and we all had great times riding together.

I use to say my brothers could ride on the rear seat and still drive their motorcycle.

Its kind of like that guy named Hightower in the move Police academy... When Hightower took the front seat out of the Honda car and drove the car from the rear seat.

Good looking bike and enjoy your times riding. I do wish I was taller.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts