GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello partners

I have a guvi bag (exactly t409) and I am not able to fit it in the tank, because this have a plastic.

I was thinking to put a magnet or iron under the plastic but I have seen there is ECM under the plastic.

Should I have problems if I put the bag in this place?

How could I fit it better?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello partners

I have a guvi bag (exactly t409) and I am not able to fit it in the tank, because this have a plastic.

I was thinking to put a magnet or iron under the plastic but I have seen there is ECM under the plastic.

Thank you!!
I also have got a tank bag with magnets, a Buffalo one, but mine has lugs & can be strapped down as well. I am going to Scotland for a long weekend in June, I will just strap it to the back seat like a tail pack, It will be less restrictive when riding. I wont need the map pocket as I`m going to be using a sat nav to navigate. :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hello partners

Thank you!!

The tank is metal not plastic. Only the cover on the front of the tank is plastic or can the 409 not be fitted with a tank ring?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only way to fit givi t409 in gsxs1000 is as I show you in photos. I am not convinced of that.

I have tried to put metal rings under the plastic but the magnet of givi is not enough strong for this....

I think it would be better if I put magnet under the plastic, but ECM won´t like this idea (I think so)

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
What dou you mean?
ask your givi distributor if there is a tank ring for this bag.
The tank ring bolts onto the tank round the filler cap and the bag locks onto it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Another option is to buy a Tank bag holder by Kriegar Kriega Tank - Motorcycle Tailpack - Kriega Australia
The tank cover has a rubberised under layer to protect the tank and a layer on top. Iron washers could be placed between the layers for the magnets to link to. I plan to do this when my GSX S arrives- have the Kriega products in eager anticipation.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I use this with a Givi tank-lock ring...very usefull ;)

Attachments

Reactions: gsxsjud

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been asked to a ebay seller and this is his answer

"Hi,

Unfortunately GIVI doesn't do any fitting rings for the GSXS 1000.
So maybe you should try another brand.
sorry i couldn't get more helpful."

givi t409 does not have any ring, only magnets

·
Registered
42 Posts
ask your givi distributor if there is a tank ring for this bag.
The tank ring bolts onto the tank round the filler cap and the bag locks onto it
I think he means this:
DL650 V-Strom '12-16' : BF01 - EASYLOCK TANK RING

Givi does not list the GSXS1000 on their website yet, but the S750 uses the BF-01 ring (I think it is the same one for the GXSR's too, probably the same for most suzuki's).

I have two quick lock bags I've kept through 2 bikes and can totally vouch for the system. I haven't tried other brands yet for comparison however...

Reactions: gsxsjud

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think he means this:
DL650 V-Strom '12-16' : BF01 - EASYLOCK TANK RING

Givi does list the GSXS1000 on their website yet, but the S750 uses the BF-01 ring (I think it is the same one for the GXSR's too).

I have two quick lock bags I've kept through 2 bikes and can totally vouch for the system. I haven't tried other brands yet for comparison however...

thank you for your answer.

I can not visit the link you posted before. The website www.giviusa.com is forbidden for me; I must visit www.givi.es (only 2 accessories for gsx-s1000)

·
Registered
42 Posts
thank you for your answer.

I can not visit the link you posted before. The website www.giviusa.com is forbidden for me; I must visit www.givi.es (only 2 accessories for gsx-s1000)
Weird that you are blocked. You should still be able to browse other pages...

Regardless, based on some hunted around I've come to believe that a specific adaptor kit to convert the T409 into a tanklock bag might not be possible. For this system to work, it requires two components: the tanklock mounting flange (the BF-01 kit for the tank ring) and a tanklock fitted tank bag. I haven't found any retro-fit kits for adapting old bags to the tanklock system (at least for Givi).

The only option if you want to use the givi tanklock system most likely to buy a new tank bag such as this one:
Bolsas XS319 TANKLOCK - GIVI

Otherwise, if you really cannot make the magnetic mounts hold, you could see if this adaptor works: Bolsas T460B - GIVI but due to it's compact nature, I'm doubtful on that.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I also have the givi tank ring installed. Works a treat

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a bag Givi, and it does not fit. It is going down to the plastic cover in front
I made my own mounting rings for GSXS 1000. It is 5mm higher

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just purchased a factory tank bag for the gsxs 1000 from Suzuki.ca. It will arrive by Friday and i will update in fit.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was in the shop yesterday holding a tank ring for the GSXR and it fits the GSXs. In the end i went with Oxford but still :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts