GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I commute about 50 miles to work with about 30 miles of highway speeds in the 80's. I have have to change when I get to work. Work as a nurse so riding in scrubs isn't a option for highway speeds. What are the best options for a tank bag that I can store my scrubs and food in? What I have been doing is wearing a backpack but I am not liking that option.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
678 Posts
I've got the givi tank lock it's real nice easy on and off. I think it even came with a shoulder strap. I've got the middle size, I'm sure it would hold scrubs and a lunch but there is a big one also.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I use a small Sedici, I think it is a T2 model, on my rides. It holds a water bottle and some snacks for a day trip. Very good quality for the price though and stable on the tank to 135 mph. They make a few bigger models, definitely good quality for the money.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I looked at the givi, how does it stay with high speeds without a wind screen. I have looked at the sedici though. Glad to hear it handles wind well.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I use a kriega waterproof tail bag that fits on the rear seat. Easy on and off and they last a lifetime. I prefer them over tank bags but both are useful.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Which sedici model do you have

The T2 Como, I got it on sale for $37 when I purchased it. Definitely well made. They have an even smaller one called the Picolo. The Como is a small, but I have used it constantly. The cellphone holder does not allow your touchscreen to work, but I am not using my phone for anything but music or GPS through the Sena when I ride.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the recommendation. Ss7 I sent a pm. For the kriega fitting on the back seat how did you secure it with out having the buckles scratch the rear section.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thank you for the recommendation. Ss7 I sent a pm. For the kriega fitting on the back seat how did you secure it with out having the buckles scratch the rear section.

I pulled out the loops from under the rear seat to attach my tail bag. Works fine.

·
Registered
706 Posts

Only the loop tabs remain on the bike. No buckles make contact with the paint. When removing the bag I leave the straps with the buckles attached to the bag. Buckled straps are also useful for buckle nunchuck personal security.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a small backpack I got from the dollar general that I just strap to the back seat with some camping compression straps. I've had the bike up to top speed with it on there several times and it hasn't come off. Put a strap under the seat that wraps up over the top of the bag and goes through some straps in the top, then use another strap over the top of the bag that goes under the tail section. I keep a Maxpedition Grimlock hooked around that strap on the seat that I attach to a plastic clip on the bottom of the bag to keep it from shifting front to back. Cheap, easy, and effective.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Another vote here for the kriega. I’ve put some cf wrap adjacent to where the straps come out from under the seat, just to prevent any possible rubbing

1 - 20 of 27 Posts