GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a tank protector for my grey naked, but I can't really decide what would work well with the grey paint and what design would be best fit. I would really like techspec type grip pads for the sides and top of tank but don't think there are specific ones made yet for our tank.

Can you all post up what you've used and what you would suggest? Cheers in advance 馃嵑

Registered
Getting 3M matte clear film applied to parts of the tank and tailpiece the week after next. I didn't want obvious protection to spoil the lines of the bike. I had the gloss equivalent on my black Street Triple and it was virtually invisible.

Registered
Suzuki have some patterned stick ons for the sides of the tank. Not very grippy but protect the paint and the graphics look pretty good.

Registered
I just put on clear stompgrips on the tanksides on my grey F. I bought universal ones and cut them with a scissor. I'm looking for a clear tank pad to replace the black one the dealer put on.

Registered
I emailed techspec and if you mail them a template of the shape you want they will smooth out the lines and mirror it to give you a pair of nice looking tank pads. That was my plan once the bike arrives.

Registered
For the moment I have simple carbon tankpad from ali express (5$)
It's not on mu priority list to change it :)

Reactions: Detroitdawg

Registered
The lower part of the stomgrips was just using parts that was left over. I just might need them on trackdays but that is for next year as the season is ending here. Normaly we have temps below freezing in just a week or two. The middle pic is just to show off the powerbronze crashpads and frontaxle crashpads.

Registered
It's almost impossible to show because it's so unobtrusive but I had matte 3M clearfilm applied to the tank and rear cowl of my matte grey "S" today. The attached photo is the best I can do showing the tank from above. You can see the very fine line where the clearfilm ends, about 2/3 to the right of the photo.

Very pleased indeed with the result. Flawless job on the compound curves of the rear cowl and feel comfortable about fitting my throw-over luggage now.

Registered
Go for a 3d resin pad from Amazon. You can get red blue or grey. look real good. Put in 3d resin tank pad for suzuki gsxs 1000 should take you straight their

Registered
TechSpec are the best IMHO. Stomp grips look fine but those nubs wore out the inside of my leathers. I just purchased the generic TechSpec and cut them out myself.

Registered
I ordered the full suzuki "carbon fiber" tank protection kit- Large top tank pad, side pads, and gas cap stickers. Also the carbon fiber heel guards. Was hoping to install them today, but USPS is crap.

I think the paint on the suzuki is a little thin. The sides and top of my tank already have more scuffs from my riding pants at 280 miles than my R6 did when I traded it in with 16,000 miles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts