GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well mine stuck in last week so i oiled it and wd forty it and it came back out but doesn't work properly now, so took it back to the dealer and they have got me a new one, but what im worried about is if it keeps going wrong , at the mo doesn't matter cos of the warranty but what if they just keep going wrong

·
Registered
415 Posts
Not much you can do about it. You could pull it apart and see what needs fixing. keep sweet with the dealer in case it ever needs doing again.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
This a topic that came up back in the early days, several people had switches replaced under warranty.
I cured mine by squirting various stuff at it. The thing that worked in the end was Castrol chain spray.
If you over do it the switch will not work due to contact problems? even though it does not stick. So you may have to degrease it and try again.

·
Registered
363 Posts
This a topic that came up back in the early days, several people had switches replaced under warranty.
I cured mine by squirting various stuff at it. The thing that worked in the end was Castrol chain spray.
If you over do it the switch will not work due to contact problems? even though it does not stick. So you may have to degrease it and try again.
Yeah and just be careful if you dismantle the switch unit, it's a sod to get back together, i ended up snapping a wire off the indicator pod trying to get it all back together and had to purchase a new unit.

·
Registered
328 Posts
get a new one on warranty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts