GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Booked in for a test ride on the non ABS version on Sunday, only one available so they say.. Anyway can't wait and will report back on the throttle problem .... :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
I didn't know about the existence of non ABS version... But watching the official site I've seen that you have reason

·
Registered
117 Posts
Rain stopped play rebooked for next sunday...:mad:
:(
That`s a shame its been a great day up in the north west today, had a great day out riding in Derbyshire , sunshine all day , :D but I suppose not the best trying to get a feel for a bike in the wet on a demo ride , good luck with the weather on your next demo.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bloody **** what a bike...!!! So comfortable... So fast... So brilliant handling.. So brilliant brakes... So everything I always wanted in a bike.............................................. Except the throttle action .. bloody tricky in and out of bends and holding it constant.... But I'm going to buy one in December or January when the new stock comes in from Japan.. perhaps the 2nd batch may have the throttle on/off problem sorted ... other problem what one the Red and Black or Suzuki Blue....... ?????

·
Registered
116 Posts
Tested this morning....
Really a nice bike and no throttle problem for me.
But need a steering damper...also in 3rd gear the wheel floating dangerously...:|

Reactions: sparehead1

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did a few mountain trips on the weekend, no throttle problems. I think the people that don't like it aren't used to that in EFI bikes...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Several experts saying there is no problem with the throttle, it just takes some getting used to.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Did a few mountain trips on the weekend, no throttle problems. I think the people that don't like it aren't used to that in EFI bikes...
Several experts saying there is no problem with the throttle, it just takes some getting used to.
You just have to look at the huge amount of negative views that are aired on the subject of this bike's poor throttle response from owners and reviewers to know that there is an issue.

Pop over to somewhere like the S1000R forum and you won't see see any complaints or bad reviews concerning the throttle response. (They have different things to complain about though!). This is much the same for the CB1000R forum I came from and the Z1000SX forum that I read lots of info on when I was deciding between the zed and the gixxus.

It may vary between bikes and some folk may be better at dealing with it than others, but there is no denying that it could (and in my opinion should) be a lot better.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well said Martin, my feelings exactly.
The throttle issues could be varied between different bikes and may not be a major issue to some riders.
Or perhaps some just can't tell the difference between the GSXS and a well sorted throttle response on a different brand?

I have test ridden a number of different bikes of late and the Suzuki throttle was hands down an issue that I have not encountered on any other stead ridden of late, and it has been quite a few.
Still waiting to hear of a credible fix for this issue.
When I mentioned it to the Suzuki dealer he just shrugged his shoulders and mentioned he hadn't ridden one yet to even comment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts