GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
@ bennyt - I would say mid range was comparable between the two. The GSX-S seemed to have more low down torque, so it would propel you to the mid range much quicker and easier. Maybe that initial low down hit disguises the mid range a little. Above 10k and the GSX-S lights it's afterburners whereas the zed came to an abrupt halt at 11k. To me it felt like I had to roll on a lot of throttle to get the zed moving but the GSX-S wanted to take off like a scolded cat at the mere though of giving it a handful.

@ Gixxus - That's good to know, at least it wasn't just the demo bike I had with seat vibes! My CB is a bit vibey as the cat has been removed and I have an open exhaust, but the zed was unbeleavable! In comparison, I cant remember feeling any nuisance vibes with the GSX-S.
I sold my Z1000 over the seat vibrations. With the stock seat it was annoying but with my Seargent seat it truly became an uncomfortable "pleasure machine". I mean as in my man berries were getting the wrong signal! LOL

·
Registered
515 Posts
It just occurred to me that I completely forgot to mention the gearbox..... It's a peach! The CB is renowned for it's gearbox, but the GSX-S seems even better. Up shifts just slot into place with silk like ease and down shifts are so smooth, probably due in part the the back-torque limiting clutch which I beleive has been retained from the gixxer.

Do i really want to test ride the VRF1200?..... hmmm the more I think about this bike :D

BTW has anyone heard or figured a nickname for this beast yet? Gixxus or Gixxess maybe? (Was that the thought behind your name Gixxus?)
Oh man do I want to take credit for this but alas I saw it in an article and it seemed appropriate. Gixxer vs Gixxus just seemed so natural. I took it upon myself to spread the word so to speak. Heck, the guy in the article could have lifted it from a design engineer for all we know. The origin will always be a mystery but it works none the less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.