GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The naked will be available is a beautiful white/blue scheme with blue wheels. The naked Z model matte black with blue insignia. The F model is available as an FZ in Matte black with blue insignia.

From Suzuki:

For 2019, further refinement to the engine’s throttle control mechanism helps the rider smoothly apply the power on any type of road. There are electronic rider aids lifted from Suzuki’s supersport bikes, such as the Suzuki Advanced Traction Control System*, plus the Suzuki Easy Start and Low RPM Assist systems.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
From Suzuki:

For 2019, There are electronic rider aids lifted from Suzuki’s supersport bikes, such as the Suzuki Advanced Traction Control System*, plus the Suzuki Easy Start and Low RPM Assist systems.
Pretty sure my 2016 GSXS has those features already.....

No more red GSXSs For a look at all the new colours

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Well Suzuki acted fast.
I posted a new Thread on the GSX-S750 complementing them on the White with Blue wheels shown on Suzuki Global, and they now have listened intently and given me one for 2019 in 1000 Naked form.
One for me indeed, can I order it now ? but alas, Stocky doesn't want one.

Rob.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hooray they've brought the blue tank back. Plus blue wheels on the White version instead of the pinkish red on the 2018.
Looks like they've discovered the "Throttle Tamer" as well, also on the dissapointing Katana.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I am on phone but Suzuki sites only showing me white and black models for 19. So is blue black blue (not matte version) no longer available either?

I like the white one a lot on a side note.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Looks like that's the only color the F comes in?
That was from the US Suzuki site. I can see in Paul's page there is a Blue (again, because it rocks!), and 2 blacks. Matte(Z) and Sparkle, Those colors probably won't be available in the US.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
So apparently they neutered the newer ones because too many people complained about the throttle issue?
I would ignore this review if i was you, it has so many mistakes in it, that I wouldn't trust it at all (Brembos new for 2018, Crossplane crank in a Suzuki etc.)

According to Suzuki the 2017/18 version has 5 bhp more than the 2016 version, but they all vary, so comparing dynos done on different days is pointless (and we all know a stock 2016 does not produce max power at 11,400 rpm)

·
Registered
694 Posts
hmm so is the 2019 models the same blue as the 2016?? the new decals sure isent too good looking i thinkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI5j04JFYHw

They've been using the same blue for a long time, my 2013 gsxr 750 had the same Metallic Triton Blue paint code as my gsxs 18. Its a pretty color, all the tooling/paint booths are probably already set up. As long as they can make it look nice, I reckon they consider it their current blue for the bikes.

I do not like the new katana one bit. I was looking at the rear plate holder. Not sure if thats molded or a plastic holder to the rear swing arm.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I do like the gauge cluster though, think its plug and play with our bikes? I mean, im not buying one. but if I saw one off a wrecked bike id snag it if it was cheap. just hate that it would say katana, not sure if same shape as ours for most part.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
oh and that big black plastic thing under the screen i hope that isent stock but a part of the touring screen
That didn't bother me. I have a black screen so it wouldn't be visible except by the rider. It looks like it might actually shade the instrument panel.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts