GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gentleman,

You will not believe what I got for Chrissie but have to wait till Tuesday for pick up but ****... I am so excited... Here is some proof...

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ladies and Gentleman,

You will not believe what I got for Chrissie but have to wait till Tuesday for pick up but ****... I am so excited... Here is some proof...

Congratulations mate, I can almost feel the excitement from this side of the ocean. Like they say - only 5 more sleeps and counting....:)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Okay I'll take a guess....you got new tires for your Volvo? Am I right? Am I? Huh, huh? :)

Reactions: Patroontjie

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I have a list of a few things I want to buy to protect the big like frame sliders, tank pad etc.

And the worst part about this, I was approved on tuesday already but can only pick up this tuesday. The moment I get it, I'll take some pics for you guys.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations, shame there's some public holiday delaying the pickup!
Well, atleast I now know I will have a bike. Wasn't to fussed to wait for pick, it was the yay or nay part whether I can get it or not that had me all "upset". But little did I know my dad went and talked to them about "the banks being very busy" so he can wrap the key up and put it under the chrissie tree.

And my sister is getting her L's in the new year and bought a Kwaker Z250SL and she also got a key last night.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Very nice, what a great Xmas pressie for you's both. Not many dealers would give you the key that early without full payment. Santa does exist!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got up this morning in a really good mood because it is due day today for my GSX-S but with the bike I ordered a helmet and was told it would be there thursday last week... Well, it's still not there. :pensive::pensive::pensive: FML

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SOOOOOOO... I am on the verge of telling them to get stuffed.

On my way to the dealership for pick up my mum calls me, and she tells me: "they want another $1250 for a deposit because the finance company won't finance the full ammount for the 2nd hand bike. But your dad told them to stuff that and re-apply for a new bike." I said thats fine. She then replied: "But you have now all three colours you can choose from because they have one of each in stock." I told her I am 2min away and to let me think about it while driving there.

Got there and asked if they had a red and black one and the salesman said yes but he'd have to check to see if he can pull the lid of the crate so I can see it.

We re-applied for a brand new one and I then picked the colour I actually wanted which is the red and black.

No response from the finance company in an hour and 45min. So we eventually had to leave the shop because they close at 5:30.

Now I have to wait until tomorrow to see if I can get finance for a brand new one straight out of the crate.

In the mean time, my sister was signed off on hers, rego done, insurance done everything done while I was waiting for the finance company to reply yay or nay.

Then to top it all of, my helmet was said to be there thursday last week, it is still not there.

So at the moment I am really rethinking this even though I know I want it because I want to get back into riding and being outdoors over weekends etc, but at the same time, we have been dealing with this dealership since 2009 and never had any of these issues.

RANT OVER

Time for a cold beer and some dinner.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, the grumpy train within me has left the station and made room for the excited and happy train within me. Picking my Red/Black GSX-S1000 up tomorrow afternoon.

Hopefully my helmet is there as well then I have a full kit.

I was on the verge of canceling the deal today. But with held and now I will be the proud owner of a GSX-S.

They have to put mine together still. Its still in a crate, thats how new mine is.

And hopefully sometime soon I can spoil you guys with some pics of the girl.

·
Registered
974 Posts
And can anyone on here tell me what exhaust this guy has on his bike, I would love to have that one day:
Go into eBay and type in the search "gp style exhaust" and there you will find a similar looking one for most bikes and only the link pipe is different in which any fabricator could whip up for you from stainless tube

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had similar pains with finance and the dealership. Once you have the bike you wont give a **** but yeah I ranted at anyone who would listen until I rode it home lol.

That exhaust is something of a unicorn. It turned up in promo shots and that's about it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
And can anyone on here tell me what exhaust this guy has on his bike, I would love to have that one day:
Yoshimura GP EVO VI S, as sparehead1 said, it's been dangled like a golden carrot in promo material and on the Yoshi tricked out promo bike, but it doesn't look like it made it to production yet.

Screenshot from this video >> http://youtu.be/chmBfsmw9Dw

·
Registered
282 Posts
Congrats and have fun

1 - 20 of 83 Posts