GSXS 1000 Forum banner

581 - 600 of 618 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
collected this on Friday and I’m seriously in love coming from an mt07 (great first biggish bike) to this is next level. When the Coronavirus is over and the summer is here I’ll be even happier! I’ve just joined this forum and wanted to ask a Quick question though - does anyone ever a get a running hot type smell from their Gsxs’s? Temp is bang in the middle and runs perfectly just get a hot radiator type smell sometimes at lights on when pulling up at home??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Sometimes get a smell when I've been thrashing it, but only notice it when I put the bike in the garage out of the wind/breeze.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The hot smell (at least on my bike) is coming from all of the road grime (rubber, asphalt, oil, etc.) that gets thrown onto the cat by the front tire....the cat gets HOT and literally cooks anything that touches it.

It's easy enough to check out, just get your face down next to the bike frame above the cat the next time you park the bike after a lively ride and get a nice big whiff of the hot air rising off of the cat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The hot smell (at least on my bike) is coming from all of the road grime (rubber, asphalt, oil, etc.) that gets thrown onto the cat by the front tire....the cat gets HOT and literally cooks anything that touches it.

It's easy enough to check out, just get your face down next to the bike frame above the cat the next time you park the bike after a lively ride and get a nice big whiff of the hot air rising off of the cat.
thank you I will do next time out

·
Registered
890 Posts
Been cold and windy for a long time. Today the sun was shining and shelter in place goes into effect at midnight. For these reasons, I went for a ride on my lunch break today. In Texas you are required to take a photo of your baby in the Blue Bonnets when they bloom in the springtime, so I did.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Reflective wheel stickers from the UK, on both sides of the tank, so that apart from when the bike is on a lean, it has a name, Suzuki

581 - 600 of 618 Posts