GSXS 1000 Forum banner

641 - 654 of 654 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Its your bike, if you like it keep it! I'm not sure how well either method will hold up in that location through, it's right where your inner leg rubs. Vinyl is not inherently good at sticking to rough plastics, even without constant rubbing.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Suttle ... very cool, great idea. You could take to a local painter and show the photo and do it in paint.
The problem would be the same one I had with the plasti-dip - the part surrounding the blue painted piece is actually rough so you can't tape it to get a proper smooth edge on it. A pre-cut vinyl piece would be the only solution I think and then hope it stays on and doesn't come off like Doddy666 said … I don't think so as I'm looking at the vinyl used to put stripes on cars and it's got a backing you peel off, wet the actual vinyl sticker, and then work into position and squeegee the water out. I put hash stripes on my Mustang's fender that way and they stick exceptionally well.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
And I thought wearing face masks in a petrol station was intimidating. I marine the shock when you take that off and they can’t see the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
And I thought wearing face masks in a petrol station was intimidating. I marine the shock when you take that off and they can’t see the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha, I’m still waiting to pull up alongside a people carrier full of kids, so I can slowly turn my head to them 😂 all kids deserve cool nightmares 😂

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Wales UK looking to Snowdonia from A543 Denbigh Moors road - now laced with average speed cameras!

Reactions: Kassu and Beaker
641 - 654 of 654 Posts