GSXS 1000 Forum banner

681 - 700 of 704 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice bike mate.
Where did you get those bar end mirrros from?
Thanks
sorry for late reply mate, busy a busy week.

I got them from Amazon but I don’t recommend them at all, they moved a lot no matter how tight you did them, hit 80mph and they spun around like a helicopter 😂

I have these now that are awesome!

pic attached 👊🏻

·
Registered
42 Posts
Design language with straight lines and angular forms are all so common these days, even the new 1000 naked seems to have fallen into it.

Personally for me I prefer more organic flowing lines, ‘Kodo’ design is how another Japanese manufacturer expresses the approach....though to be fair maybe Suzuki could put a bit more work into the headlights 🤔

Almost enjoy looking at her as much as riding her 😁

·
Registered
54 Posts
Design language with straight lines and angular forms are all so common these days, even the new 1000 naked seems to have fallen into it.

Personally for me I prefer more organic flowing lines, ‘Kodo’ design is how another Japanese manufacturer expresses the approach....though to be fair maybe Suzuki could put a bit more work into the headlights 🤔

Almost enjoy looking at her as much as riding her 😁

View attachment 45614
is that a powerbronze airflow windscreen in light tint bike looks wicked btw

·
Registered
42 Posts
is that a powerbronze airflow windscreen in light tint bike looks wicked btw
Yeh, cheers. It usually looks near black, but with the sun from behind and reflecting off the car it looks lighter.
Defo an improvement on stock for wind protection but keeps the overall look of a low screen.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry Dark Tint.
ok thanks man i am trying to order one but on the website theirs has a gsx logo which i’d rather not have on there. i didn’t see the logo on yours and was wondering how you got one without logo thx ahead of time for all your help

·
Registered
42 Posts
ok thanks man i am trying to order one but on the website theirs has a gsx logo which i’d rather not have on there. i didn’t see the logo on yours and was wondering how you got one without logo thx ahead of time for all your help
I think the logo is only on certain options, such as the ‘clear’ version. Mine was dark tint and so didn’t get the logo on it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think the logo is only on certain options, such as the ‘clear’ version. Mine was dark tint and so didn’t get the logo on it.
ok got it thanks so much really appreciate your help i order an ermaz windscreen which is ok but i ordered light tint and they said they had it later telling me it be 6 weeks out so i tried the dark screen and i’m basically running blind when tucked so this is why i asking too many questions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
ok got it thanks so much really appreciate your help i order an ermaz windscreen which is ok but i ordered light tint and they said they had it later telling me it be 6 weeks out so i tried the dark screen and i’m basically running blind when tucked so this is why i asking too many questions.
No problem at all. I’ll see if I can get a photo looking through the dark tint tomorrow and post it and you can see how transparent it is. 👍

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
The MFPGC decided it was so good, we needed to see it twice. ;) (Motorcycle Forum Photo Governance Committee).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not sure if the photo shows it, but the dark tint is translucent and you can see through it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The new model might be great but like you it’s not really happening for me..
I had my bike woolich flashed in Jan 2019 so I’m out riding the other day and thinking who needs the latest model anyhow my bikes throttle is smooth as (y)
yeah i like the quick shifter and little bigger tank but that’s about it not real hot on the new headlight or body moldings on the side not that it’s ugly or anything just favor the old moldins as far as hp i believe they tweaked the ecu a little bit as well to get extra 2 hp as it would be very cheap method to say you get more 2 more hp we all know you get another 10 to 15 hp after flashing. Either way you can’t lose with these bikes i have seen the supposed 200hp liter bikes putting down anywhere between 165 and 180 hp stock and with full mods some never dyno at 200 so i’m starting to wonder if they are measuring at the crank as i’ve never seen dyno vids on youtube get close to stated hp ratings for the superbike versions. This bike when dyno has actual hp rating advertised so at one time i was thinking about upgrading to full blown gsxr1000 but realized not enough diff performance wise and no where as comfortable either. I also think this bike is more stable at high speeds i use to have tank slapppers with my gsxr and never had any wobble on this bike even over. 170mph it would be cool to have a company offer more than just exhaust filter ecu mods even though i know it be high i do t want to buy that stroker kit as it’s too pricey but i’m content as is. Just guessing after exhaust filter and ecu/dyno tune it’s got to put down 165 to 170hp sorry to ramble always thinking about how to tweak the bike i need a twelve step program putting on lsl levers today i got from sweden lol took a month to get them lol

681 - 700 of 704 Posts