GSXS 1000 Forum banner
741 - 760 of 781 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looking good! I've been waiting for someone with a new generation GSX-S to post a pic of their bike with a tail tidy installed. I feel like it would really clean up the back end of the bike.
The dealers demo that I took out had an r&g on it. Not sure if I’m going to bother, seems to do a good job of keeping the crap off me when I’ve been caught out in the rain
2700 miles in 4 weeks here in Wales so been wet a few times 😂

·
Registered
508 Posts
The dealers demo that I took out had an r&g on it. Not sure if I’m going to bother, seems to do a good job of keeping the crap off me when I’ve been caught out in the rain
Makes sense if you're doing a lot of wet weather riding.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,141 Posts
I wouldn't bother, had one on my previous bike got covered in crap threw it in the bin.
I would highly recommend a hugger extension, which I had for 4 years on my old bike, my Nitron shock remained clean and is now on my 2021.

Reactions: Mark morris

·
Registered
508 Posts
I wouldn't bother, had one on my previous bike got covered in crap threw it in the bin.
I would highly recommend a hugger extension, which I had for 4 years on my old bike, my Nitron shock remained clean and is now on my 2021.
I don't know how you gentlemen enjoy riding in the rain. I can't stand it, mostly because I can't see sh*t through my visor. Maybe if I had the proper rain attire it wouldn't be so bad, but I just let the bike relax in the garage when it's raining. The other 85% of the time I'm on it. 😁

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't know how you gentlemen enjoy riding in the rain. I can't stand it, mostly because I can't see sh*t through my visor. Maybe if I had the proper rain attire it wouldn't be so bad, but I just let the bike relax in the garage when it's raining. The other 85% of the time I'm on it. 😁
If it’s raining at home I don’t bother going out, but here in Wales it can be lovely and sunny in most areas but odd heavy showers for for 5 miles then good again. I used to have a winter bike as well but gave up winter riding a few years ago

·
Registered
508 Posts
If it’s raining at home I don’t bother going out, but here in Wales it can be lovely and sunny in most areas but odd heavy showers for for 5 miles then good again. I used to have a winter bike as well but gave up winter riding a few years ago
That seems like a pain in the rear. If the weather changes like that frequently, I guess you must carry rain gear everywhere with you just in case?

·
Registered
29 Posts
That seems like a pain in the rear. If the weather changes like that frequently, I guess you must carry rain gear everywhere with you just in case?
No, always just in 1 pce leathers, just ride through it and soon dry out again. Sometimes get caught short tho and have to ride the last 25 miles or so home in the rain. Just hang the leathers up in the garage for a day or so and good for the next outing

·
Registered
508 Posts
No, always just in 1 pce leathers, just ride through it and soon dry out again. Sometimes get caught short tho and have to ride the last 25 miles or so home in the rain. Just hang the leathers up in the garage for a day or so and good for the next outing
Ah, I see. I can't do the leathers. It's much too hot here for that. Pants, boots, and a summer riding jacket with armor is bad enough. Has me sweating like crazy if I not moving along at a brisk pace! 😣

One thing I do envy is how beautiful it must be riding through Wales!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, the joys of living in Wales if you never want to ride in the wet like me 🤣 Had my 600 mile service last week and that’s it until I take the bike down to Spain for 3 months in January….

741 - 760 of 781 Posts