GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody Mike here from Tampa Fl got my 16 GSXS 100s ABS last week so far I love it however with all new bikes there are a couple of issues that need to be addressed #1 the seat easy fix i'm going to order a Sargent seat #2 suspension needs to be tweaked a bit both minor issues and when I sell my Ninja 1000 I plan on buying lots of goodies for the new bike ( fender eliminator full Yoshi exhaust sargent seat rear seat cowl and frame sliders of some kind )

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Welcome aboard! What made you make the jump from a Ninja 1000 to the S1000? They're pretty similar.

I can't believe so many people don't like the stock seat on this bike, it's one of the most comfortable stock seats I've ever sat on (in my opinion).

·
Registered
974 Posts
Welcome aboard! What made you make the jump from a Ninja 1000 to the S1000? They're pretty similar.

I can't believe so many people don't like the stock seat on this bike, it's one of the most comfortable stock seats I've ever sat on (in my opinion).

I agree on both, the seat is awesome and never have I thought about doing anything with it, also i would be just as happy with the ninja myself, some times it would suit more for touring but other times I like the smaller feeling of the gsx for the sportier ride but both are good bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I agree on both, the seat is awesome and never have I thought about doing anything with it, also i would be just as happy with the ninja myself, some times it would suit more for touring but other times I like the smaller feeling of the gsx for the sportier ride but both are good bikes.

Agreed. I was looking into the Ninja 1000 myself. They're kind of pricey though if comparing apples to apples. Plus, naked is the look for me and I do not like the Z1000 at all.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Agreed. I was looking into the Ninja 1000 myself. They're kind of pricey though if comparing apples to apples. Plus, naked is the look for me and I do not like the Z1000 at all.

I was a fan of the Z1000 black and maroon colour scheme and thought it looked great except for the pointing down headlight looked hideous, yes the difference in price deterred me also so I brought the GSXS and a second hand Vstrom for long loaded up tours to make up the difference in price and couldn't be happier with the combination .

·
Registered
379 Posts
Suzuki Man - Congrats!! I hope the bike proves to be everything you're looking for. There is a thread or two on adjusting the suspension. It doesn't take much time at all to dial in, and a few adjustments make such a huge difference.

I also found that properly adjusting the rake (or the riding height of the front and rear) the seat became a little more tolerable. I was sliding forward a lot at first, now it's not so bad but I still want Sargent to customize my seat. Unfortunately they don't offer a World Sport seat for our bikes (yet?), so we have to send in a seat for customization.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts