GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their horn?

Like most motorcycles, the horn is pathetic. Nobody can hear it. Perhaps I'm just used to the massively loud Stebel air horn on my DL650 and how it has saved my rump numerous times from encroaching cages, so I want something much better for my GSXS.

I am researching a way to mount an air horn but they are big and bulky and room is limited on the bike. Researching louder standard types of horns.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, poor excuse for a horn. I have a Denali Mini Sound Bomb sitting on the shelf from another project. About to go see if I can make it fit on my F.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, poor excuse for a horn. I have a Denali Mini Sound Bomb sitting on the shelf from another project. About to go see if I can make it fit on my F.
I didn't realize the horn was next to a header tube and my Denali has a lot of plastic. Going to have to work on a plan B....

·
Registered
515 Posts
Has anyone replaced their horn?

Like most motorcycles, the horn is pathetic. Nobody can hear it. Perhaps I'm just used to the massively loud Stebel air horn on my DL650 and how it has saved my rump numerous times from encroaching cages, so I want something much better for my GSXS.

I am researching a way to mount an air horn but they are big and bulky and room is limited on the bike. Researching louder standard types of horns.
Stromer,

I read your posts and wonder if I had written them myself. lol

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think I have only ever used a horn a bike half a dozen times in 35 years so not too worried to be honest.

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fitted denali mini soung bomb on naked, fitted onto stock mount ok just had to bend bracket slightly to clear rad.
Lovely deep tone and twice as loud as stock, everyone comments that its like a truck horn

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns

I installed the Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns and they are quite loud. I attached them to (under) the plastic front fairing mount that attaches to the steering head. Takes a bit if work to tuck them away, but worth the effort. Photos will help to guide installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
ride defensive, don't need horn, simple
I don't use the horn for defense, and I agree that I'm usually too busy taking evasive maneuvers to use the horn at that time.
I do like a nice loud horn to give the offender the audio equivalent of "that finger" afterwards.
:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Horny and Loud

Stock horn is puny and fails to inform the international license holders in S.E England about their transgressions. The Denali split bomb I just fitted to naked should work better >:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts