GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
living where i do in the land of bikes as we say round here in mid wales i have seen quite a few,but the weird thing is all the ones i have seen but one which was grey are red and black and both local dealers to me say they have sold loads, i am yet to see the slower blue one on the road yet lol
Haven't seen the blues because they are but a blur and disappear into the color or the sky. :)

I've never seen a single one on the road but mine. I don't care though, I actually prefer it. There's nothing I hate more than buying something that's new and rare one day and all of a sudden it's the most popular bike around and everyone and their grandmother has one, and now I'm treated like the same "squid" as all the other punks. On the other hand, I don't want them to stop making them because then nobody will make anymore aftermarket parts and the bike will lose it's value.

That said, I don't think they would stop making them after 1 year. Perhaps they will stop shipping to the US and keep it in the UK and Orient. But, perhaps it's just that they didn't publish anything about it because it isn't changing from the 2016 model. It's probably exactly the same so there's nothing to talk about.

Reactions: ackack
My dealer said it was his best selling model from June to November last year, 16 he sold which isn't too shabby.
The end or updated models I am not really bothered. This is the first and only bike I will buy brand new (barring pre-reg offers) I fell in love with the bike as soon as I saw it on the website in Dec '14 I put a deposit down as soon as I finished the test ride in March '15 and picked her up 3rd June.
To me this bike is a blank canvas and I'm going to modify it in a way that I am happy with, mainly changing the colour of some panels but the design of the naked bike is perfect to me and I still pop into the garage on a cold wet sh!tty day just to pull off her cover and look at her. No bike has ever made me feel this way and I will never sell her.

correct me if i am wrong, again, but i thought this was june 2016 , err june 2016, when you have made a bike as cool as this one why on earth would you be talking 2017 , if it aint broke why fix it . This bike is a pearler , i have no intention of ever selling it,
and with any luck the numb nuts that make up the majority will never cotton on to this wonderful machine. Suzuki will sell this bike for decades. As to parts my friend here in perth Aus. has a 40 yr old suzuki 2 stroke 500 and can still get original parts for it from suzuki , don't sweat my friends we have a bike that will grow in status and value over the years .PS ride it like you stole it if you really want to enjoy it's potential , it will eat a lot of sports bikes for breakfast on the road in the real world

I have not seen one on the road around in my neck of the woods, except a few others at the 2 local dealers. By the way, don't think not seeing them on the road is any real indication of how well they selling anyways, cause it's just more like probability of it passing you. But suppose you could argue the more there are, the greater the probability. But also it is still a fairly new bike, especially here - only arrived about November last year. Must say the one (grey bike) at the one dealer has been there for ever. Might be the colour. No offense to those that have the grey. Wonder if all this talk about the jerky throttle on this forum and in some reviews is negatively affecting potential sales?

Would be a real pity if this bike is not a winner in terms of sales and is discontinued. Cause the updated model could address many of the weaknesses (jerky throttle and poor rear shock) and other improvements such as more power, quick shifter, better brakes, etc. whatever, which would normally be the case and make this bike even greater. It possibly made sense to have a more "watered down" bike at a lower price point to test the market and see how it sells, before using more expensive/higher quality parts. Although having said that, from my perspective there are actually only maybe 1 or 2 other more expensive bikes that I would choose over this bike in terms of my criteria for a bike.

2017/2018 model of this bike with better throttle response and rear shock + some improvements - that would definitely get me excited.

I have not seen one on the road around in my neck of the woods, except a few others at the 2 local dealers. By the way, don't think not seeing them on the road is any real indication of how well they selling anyways, cause it's just more like probability of it passing you.
This is exactly right. My other bike is a 650 V-Strom. They sell very well and have been available since 2004 I believe and I may see one every other month. Pick any model you like, (other than the oversaturated Hardley vroom vroom models ridden by guys in pirate costumes) and think how often do you see them.

Would be a real pity if this bike is not a winner in terms of sales and is discontinued. Cause the updated model could address many of the weaknesses (jerky throttle and poor rear shock) and other improvements such as more power, quick shifter, better brakes, etc. whatever, which would normally be the case and make this bike even greater. It possibly made sense to have a more "watered down" bike at a lower price point to test the market and see how it sells, before using more expensive/higher quality parts.
I would have gladly paid more for those features you mentioned.

Sparse sightings

Gents, i was at the Isle of Man TT recently where i usually see every bike on the road.
I was very keen to see the 1000F as i was about to buy one!
I can honestly say that i only saw 2 on the island and a hand full of the naked bikes.
I saw more Honda RCV's at ÂŁ140,000 than GSX-S1000F's!
In my opinion, and please bear in mind i have spent my own money on a new 1000F, Suzuki have missed the party.
The GSXS is a fabulous bike, but its taken that long to come out that Kawasaki have stolen the march with the 1000SX.
The other naked superbikes have moved the game on too. The BMW S1000r and Tuono 1100 (i have had one of these) have really lifted the bar to aim for. The new MT10 is a fabulous bike especially for less than ÂŁ10K. Pity it looks like its been crashed before you buy it!
It always boils down to "you pays your money, you takes your choice"
Personally, i have ridden most of the big nakeds and owned one or two. I still spent my money on the Suzuki.

On my local forum, there are a few people that have bought the bike but I have yet to pass one on the road
what local forum is that? I bought mine at gp sports in campbell and they said the bike is not moving well,, i live in Capitola and have not seen one over here at all

what local forum is that? I bought mine at gp sports in campbell and they said the bike is not moving well,, i live in Capitola and have not seen one over here at all
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

I bought mine at Concord Powersports and they said they've sold a few. Have only seen 1 other one on the road though.

I live around the corner from GP Sports but purchased my GSXS "F" model from fremont honda / suzuki / etc. Why? because GP Sports wanted about $1000 more then where purchased. I haggled with them via email and 3 in person visits and dude wouldnt budge on price said they were selling well. This was back in April 2016.

BTW I have yet to see either version in the wild as of yet nor much chatter about them via other forums . Im also a member of BARF (c-mo) and was going to start a thread asking why not much interest on this bike just to hear others thoughts.

We just got back from our annual trip to Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway and Blueridge Parkway. Hundreds upon hundreds of tourist motorcycles.

I did not see one single GSXS1000 anywhere. I had the only one. I saw dozens of FZ07s and 09s though. And I'm sure we'll see bunches of 10s when they come out.

That's certainly has to tell us something.

However, I did just find this. And there does seem to be some internet talk about a 2017 model.

Attachments

Eh.... it's rare to see GSX-Rxxx's anywhere, but they are still selling.

The place i bought mine from are out of stock. They had 10+ not even 3 weeks ago. ;)

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.