GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many reviewers are saying the F is the better more planted bike. This explains why the naked owners are putting it down so much. And the fact that it looks so much better.

>:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you catch a cold of the wind at 180 km/h get an F , otherwise enjoy the pureness of the naked :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
I was reading somewhere that the fairing on the F has a lot more down force than the naked due to the fairing. Personally I prefer the look of the naked and enjoy hanging on for dear life above 8000 revs :)
You're not wrong about hanging on.

·
Registered
437 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^
Second that 😱 2nd gear power wheelie anyone 😁

Reactions: Tez79

·
Registered
647 Posts
2nd and 3rd for me.
I don't use clutch for upshift when I'm giving it just so I can hang on better.

On a slightly different note my ABS saved me today when an Audi (surprise surprise) pulled out on me whilst I was doing 50. I ended up alongside his rear passenger window when I matched his speed. The feckwit still gave me the evils in his mirror like it was my fault.
On previous bikes I don't think I would have been able steer around him so I'm pleased I spent the extra getting it now.

·
Registered
237 Posts
2nd and 3rd for me.
I don't use clutch for upshift when I'm giving it just so I can hang on better.

On a slightly different note my ABS saved me today when an Audi (surprise surprise) pulled out on me whilst I was doing 50. I ended up alongside his rear passenger window when I matched his speed. The feckwit still gave me the evils in his mirror like it was my fault.
On previous bikes I don't think I would have been able steer around him so I'm pleased I spent the extra getting it now.
Audi drivers are the new Volvo drivers; all dangerous, and i should know my son drives one>:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
I know the F model has stiffer front forks due to the extra weight of the fairings which help add downforce at speed, but also makes the bike heavier at 471 lbs wet vs. the naked wet weight of just under 460 lbs.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I know the F model has stiffer front forks due to the extra weight of the fairings which help add downforce at speed, but also makes the bike heavier at 471 lbs wet vs. the naked wet weight of just under 460 lbs.
You'll never feel that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The F and naked are two different bikes, based on two different individual preferences. That's the reason that Suzuki is making both. They are both great bikes though I believe. Although I have only ridden the naked, still getting the F. That's just because based on my personal preferences and riding style, the F is just better suited bike for.

But when I rode the naked, I was impressed by its handling and compared to other naked's like KTM Superduke R, Kawa Z1000, BMW S1000R and Ducati 1200, which I have all ridden, and generally the KTM Supeduke R is presently rated the top naked. Maybe not as powerful as some of the other's, but given that with naked's its challenging to ride much faster than 160 to 180km/h for sustained periods, especially if you throw in a little wind into the equation, the question becomes - how much of a disadvantage is the lesser power, if it is a real disadvantage at all - again probably subjective.

·
Registered
415 Posts
So many reviewers are saying the F is the better more planted bike. This explains why the naked owners are putting it down so much. And the fact that it looks so much better.

>:D
Rightyo, I'll Play! >:D

the S1000 is for manly men, men who like their bikes like their women - naked, bucking, and making you work for it.

The faired version, or should that read fairy version...well, men of a *ahem*, gentle nature, or those for whom a light breeze spells danger, have been catered for too. It's like how some schools have a "special" class for "special" kids with "different needs". Nothing wrong with that!

Over to you TT!;)

·
Registered
451 Posts
After having both naked and faired bikes,nothing is quite as useless as a 25lb fairing that does not block wind. Other than perhaps heated grips on a 105 degree day.

On a hot summer day, My granddaughter(shes 9) is fond of distracting me, turning my heated grips on, and laughing at me when I finally notice.

For me, no more fairing sunless they are like concours 14 sized.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Rightyo, I'll Play! >:D

the S1000 is for manly men, men who like their bikes like their women - naked, bucking, and making you work for it.

The faired version, or should that read fairy version...well, men of a *ahem*, gentle nature, or those for whom a light breeze spells danger, have been catered for too. It's like how some schools have a "special" class for "special" kids with "different needs". Nothing wrong with that!

Over to you TT!;)
OR the F is for people who live in frigid climates like Minnesota. I would like to see how manly you are up here riding a naked bike in the fall and spring when it is 30-40 deg F!

OR for people who live in a country where there are 80 MPH speed limits and VAST space exists so you can maintain this speed for hours.

Kinda tired if all the F bashing by riders who just need to beat their chest.

·
Registered
415 Posts
OR the F is for people who live in frigid climates like Minnesota. I would like to see how manly you are up here riding a naked bike in the fall and spring when it is 30-40 deg F!

OR for people who live in a country where there are 80 MPH speed limits and VAST space exists so you can maintain this speed for hours.

Kinda tired if all the F bashing by riders who just need to beat their chest.
It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, just a response to the OP's post. I really didn't think that anyone could take what I wrote seriously, but there you go.:D

But...fairings are girly, just sayin'...>:D

1 - 20 of 103 Posts