GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
southern california is moto heaven. still in break in mode but got a chance to take the bike to the canyons this week and get filmed by a buddy on a gs adventure. no performance mods as of yet, no changes to stock suspension settings, stock tires, etc. just getting to know the bike, so far so good. very happy with my choice.

https://youtu.be/MAiUl8eRM_E

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
someone finally puts up a video of actual riding and no comments? awesome forum lol

i'll stick to mirrors, indicators, exhaust, fueling and tail tidies from now on.

hilarious

·
Registered
42 Posts
You pretty much left that gs in the dust :) Good stuff. I haven't even finished getting the tires scrubbed in yet!

Reactions: rebobd

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quite the contrary, my buddy on the gs kept up just fine; those bikes are underrated in terms of performance if they are in the right hands. he's a very capable rider, plus i was not going over 8,000 rpms and i wanted to make sure he was in camera range :nerd:

You pretty much left that gs in the dust :) Good stuff. I haven't even finished getting the tires scrubbed in yet!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Man great video you show how capable that bike is with all things being stock. I have never been to California I sure would like to make a trip out there with my bike.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Man great video you show how capable that bike is with all things being stock. I have never been to California I sure would like to make a trip out there with my bike.
Tony, there is nothing more painful than a drive up around Rock Store...but, instead of being on a bike, you are in a rental car.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Did that GS pull a wheelie at one point? Nice video! Thanks for posting it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very nice!. Also appreciate the fact that you can just hear the engine and no music. Love to hear the bikes engine. Couple of questions:

What color bike?
What type of Windscreen is that?
What camera are you using?

Thanks,

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bike is red/black. the windscreen in the video is of the 1200gs that is following me, i'm the one being filmed. :nerd:. i did install an OEM screen on my bike, looks great, not much wind protection.

he's using a sena 10c attached to his helmet.

Very nice!. Also appreciate the fact that you can just hear the engine and no music. Love to hear the bikes engine. Couple of questions:

What color bike?
What type of Windscreen is that?
What camera are you using?

Thanks,

·
Registered
299 Posts
Frankly, I see no need for a windscreen. Except to have something to mount a cellphone behind. I've done several 500 mile rides at speeds between 90 and 120 with a GPS mounted behind my gauges. It takes some time for the body to build up the muscles behind the neck, but after it does the wind against the body no longer has any negative effect.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lol. I am a dumbass...i thought it was you on the trailing bike. The good news for me is that i was looking at the sena 10c camera yesterday. Love the video anyhow. Thanks.

Reactions: rebobd

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if you thought the bike that was following me was a suzuki gsx-s1000 then you need to see an eye doctor STAT!!! :D

or maybe i was too far ahead of him to really see LOL

Lol. I am a dumbass...i thought it was you on the trailing bike. The good news for me is that i was looking at the sena 10c camera yesterday. Love the video anyhow. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
California is one of the mecca's for sport rides! As a west-coast canuck, it's a pilgrimage I try to make at least once a year!

Reactions: Tony and rebobd

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
'cause it looks nice 0:)

Frankly, I see no need for a windscreen. Except to have something to mount a cellphone behind. I've done several 500 mile rides at speeds between 90 and 120 with a GPS mounted behind my gauges. It takes some time for the body to build up the muscles behind the neck, but after it does the wind against the body no longer has any negative effect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hear you a buddy of mine where talking the other day about planning a bike trip out to Ca trying figure out the logistics now coming from Florida. And no Im not riding from FL where talking about shipping our bikes there and flying out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
One more thing I have two bikes a 2015 GSXR 1000 and the GSXS1000 being that I have never been out West which bike would you prefer out there ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
take the gsx s1000. all day comfort and sport bike handling, you won't be sorry. PM me and i'll give you roads and recommendations. california is moto heaven!

One more thing I have two bikes a 2015 GSXR 1000 and the GSXS1000 being that I have never been out West which bike would you prefer out there ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts