GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And I may have found the first one, lol. It's a red 1000 ABS at Cycle Center of Denton in Texas, fresh off the truck when I arrived there this morning.

I can't wait until they get out on the floor so I can sit on it and maybe ride it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Very good news for our American neighbours :)

BTW , my Belgian gotchild lives in Plano, that's not far from Denton I think. I have had a lot of fun on Lake Lewisville :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very good news for our American neighbours :)

BTW , my Belgian gotchild lives in Plano, that's not far from Denton I think. I have had a lot of fun on Lake Lewisville :)
Not far at all. That's my neighborhood... sort of. There some great twisties and farm roads north of Plano. They go on forever it seems.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Suzuki just posted another picture of the GSX-S1000 on their Facebook page, so another dealer in the US has one also.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shame about the indicator lenses. US not allowed clear?
They are legal here. The clears standard on the V-Strom 1000, I know that for sure. Don't know why they used the amber.

·
Registered
216 Posts
OMG it looks so good, is it me or are there US residents who feel like this is almost like Christmas morning when you were a kid and had to wait for the parents to wake up, just waiting to open the presents lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You're right Rhyno. I think seeing all of the stuff from the guys over seas made the wait harder. That combined with the complete ignorance of all of the US dealers it feels like a huge surprise that it's is actually here.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeah it amazes me that some dealerships don't know much about it, I just hope that ****ing California doesn't pull their bullshit and ban the bike from being sold here.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
What do you think guys, how do I look? Are we a match made in Heaven or what?? Lol. I didn't actually buy this one but it's the first one I've seen in the flesh. I'm waiting for the F model but I LOVED this thing. They said the F is about a month away at most. It is gorgeous and when I sat on it I just melted into it Seat height was fine for a 5'7" pipsqueak like me.

This one is at Plano Suzuki-Kawasaki in Plano, Texas USA!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I saw one today too, at Apache Motorcycles in Mesa, AZ. I was kind of surprised it wasn't showcased somehow. It was just stuck in a line with all the other Suzuki's. There were two 750's next to it and a V-Strom on the other side.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What do you think guys, how do I look? Are we a match made in Heaven or what?? Lol. I didn't actually buy this one but it's the first one I've seen in the flesh. I'm waiting for the F model but I LOVED this thing. They said the F is about a month away at most. It is gorgeous and when I sat on it I just melted into it Seat height was fine for a 5'7" pipsqueak like me.

This one is at Plano Suzuki-Kawasaki in Plano, Texas USA!!
I'm the same height and glad to see this bike finally stateside!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw one today too, at Apache Motorcycles in Mesa, AZ. I was kind of surprised it wasn't showcased somehow. It was just stuck in a line with all the other Suzuki's. There were two 750's next to it and a V-Strom on the other side.
Was it the same one or F model? I was glad to see this place showcased it in the middle of the isle when you walked in. It was great.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts