GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I have been looking at getting a naked 1000cc to ride on the street. I have a 2016 ZX10R that I have been using for street/track duty. My buddies that I ride with on the street all have newer 1000cc super bikes. But I have been doing more and more track days. And the more track days I do on the zx10, the more i hate driving it on the street. So I have been researching a 1000cc naked bike that is designed for street riding and more comfort. I have researched the naked 1000cc bikes and I keep coming back to the gsxs-1000. I have looked at the z1000, cb1000r, fz10, speed triple, tuono, and s1000r. For the money, performance, electronics, and looks the gsxs-1000 takes the cake.

I am assuming you all feel the same way. Given all these bikes and after owning your gsxs-1000 would you still buy the 2016 gsxs? Or would you wait for a new year model or would you get something else?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
45 Posts
hi I had to sell my zx10r 16 plate and bought a gsxs thought I would miss the 10 but no power and handling are great all round superb bike no throttle issues at all

·
Registered
307 Posts
when i sold my zzr14 or zx14 to the yanks i thought have i done the right thing, but after 3000 miles on my f i love it , so comfy and plenty fast to keep with all my mates on there super sports no probs

·
Registered
328 Posts
It is an immensely entertaining street bike that gets you grinning with its acceleration and flickability. When you factor in the value, it is a hard package to beat. The only downside is the increased risk to your license! :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your thoughts and comments. I am going to the dealer tomorrow to test a blue one. If it goes well, I will probably pick it up provided the dealer is reasonable with their price.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I bought a 2016 gsx-s1000 in blue. I have put about 200 miles on it and it is a great bike so far. Very comfy and plenty of power. I went for a ride yesterday with my buddies who have 16's R1's and I was plenty surprised at how well i was able to keep up. This bike has very good suspension and brakes from the factory (same brake calipers as the 2016 gsxr1000). I am going to get some better pads and lines, but overall a great bike that does not need much to make it really capable. The bike does need some better tires to be ridden hard. The OEM tires suck. That is my only complaint thus far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts