GSXS 1000 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Here’s a black ‘n red version for you
It looks good.. I was actually thinking of carbon dipping the headlight and tank fairing
On my bike yes my bike is red and black like yours;)
Then I got to thinking about using splati dip just to see what it would look like so thanks for the pic:D

·
Registered
567 Posts
Black; metal flake or no?

I have to admit Frog the black and red is my favorite, I went with the gray because I ran across a really good deal and it already had the tail tidy and full M4 so that's probably 1,200.00 for those 2 items that I got for free, not to mention the labor too. IMO the gray needs a little help color wise, that's why I'm doing the red accents....Question for you...my black frame (in the sun) has a hint of metal flake. Does your black body panels have the same metal flake in it too? I might paint my gray black but I want to do a black with a red metal flake undertone....I used to have a black Katana and it had a purple flake undertone, looked really good.
When I had the bike out and bathed for it's 'glamour' shots when I was trying to sell it, the black sparkled but I don't think it was due to metal flake in it; just the way the light caught it and reflected off. Next time I have it out (maybe Weds?) and get it in the sun, I'll look more closely.

I know some people like the 'all gray' or the 'all black' and that's great. I feel more like you though; I like a little color in my bikes. For me, my absolute favorite bike colors are RED or YELLOW. My black and yellow 929 was 'favorite'. But this GSX-S with red and black really appeals to me. Honestly, I would have been just as happy with a blue one if that's what I had found. They both looked good to me. But if the only deal I had found was on a grey or black unit, I would have been looking to add color accents, like you did. And not because the grey or black aren't nice; that's just not what I want, you know? To each his own. Ya gotta love YOUR bike, and if you don't, work on it until you do.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Speaking of bike colors, my Super Tenere is white (with some red accent bits). I get noticed FAR MORE on that bike than any other bike I've ridden in 30 years. It looks just enough like a 'cop bike' (white paint with black pieces and parts on it) that people SEE me. It's awesome. I didn't get it for that reason. I just liked the red and white scheme. I always figured I'd be more noticeable on a bright yellow bike. But no - get a white bike and watch people SEE YOU like never before! Apparently they could care less about killing a motorcyclist, but getting a ticket terrifies them. Go figure.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Waiting for bed-in to 'know' if pads better

Fork seals are all good no leaks! Hopefully it’ll stay that way! Can’t give a complete review yet on the pads I’ve only put about 50 miles on the new setup and have been not hammering them terribly hard yet. The pads said nothing about bedding them in but the info that came with the rotors did. Not a cheap investment so figured I’d give it a few miles to bed in properly. Overall impression so far is they have a good initial bite and think they would be a definite improvement over stock. Had DP(RDP) pads before and these seem so far to be just as good and hopefully even better but time will tell. This is the first set of Vesrah pads I’ve run. Always looking to improve my brakes! Only one thing better than going fast and that’s stopping fast!
Hey @ Scrub975, it is hard to know how the new brakes REALLY are until everything is fully bedded-in and that can take 200 to 300 miles or so. Good that you aren't using them too hard just yet. You hate to 'glaze' brand new pads by being too aggressive with them right away. I've never used the Vesrah pads before either, but I've had good luck with the EBC HH pads and the Carbonne Lorraine pads (now just called CL pads?) Once you get them fully bedded in, maybe pop back on and start a brake pad thread and share your thoughts. Maybe we could get some others to chime in with what they are using, too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
When I had the bike out and bathed for it's 'glamour' shots when I was trying to sell it, the black sparkled but I don't think it was due to metal flake in it; just the way the light caught it and reflected off. Next time I have it out (maybe Weds?) and get it in the sun, I'll look more closely.

I know some people like the 'all gray' or the 'all black' and that's great. I feel more like you though; I like a little color in my bikes. For me, my absolute favorite bike colors are RED or YELLOW. My black and yellow 929 was 'favorite'. But this GSX-S with red and black really appeals to me. Honestly, I would have been just as happy with a blue one if that's what I had found. They both looked good to me. But if the only deal I had found was on a grey or black unit, I would have been looking to add color accents, like you did. And not because the grey or black aren't nice; that's just not what I want, you know? To each his own. Ya gotta love YOUR bike, and if you don't, work on it until you do.
Couldn't agree more....1st day I got the bike I sat down and drank a couple beers and was just admiring the lines, shape, naked, bad ass, cool looking bike I just bought. Coming off 3 600cc faired bikes in a row I was ready for a change..... in HP and the up right position for my bad back. While looking at the bike the red S in the logo popped out to me and caught my eye...I decided from day 1 to do red accents to get more pop.

·
Registered
567 Posts
What's really great about your bike is it will look nothing like anyone elses. It's distinctly yours. That's fun.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Chris,
A) You should be a professional photographer with pics like that!
and
B) Your bike looks beautiful. The blue really stands out and seems 'striking' in that dusk light.
Thanks! Both pictures were taken with my galaxy s10+, if I had a professional camera I think they would be even better looking with the level of detail.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts