GSXS 1000 Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I must not be a very good rider, never had complaints on my gsxr 600 750 or gsxs1000 about brakes or anything.
It may not have anything to do with not being a good rider as everyone rides differently some harder than others so it comes back to your riding style and what you are happy with. I cant see why so many reviews would all say the same thing about the brakes being wooden and that not being true. That also goes with 99% of the reviews also saying a better tyre would be an advantage also. But there would be riders out there that are happy with the OME Dunlops or do not know the difference because they have never tried another brand. Once again it comes back to riding style and expectations I guess.

·
Registered
278 Posts
That sounds pretty awful. I wonder how large a performance gap there will be between the brakes on my BMW RR and the GT...it promises to be huge, from comments like these. Hmmm...
The cost of a BMW is almost double so that would have a lot to do with what goes into the bike to keep the cost at a place where they meet the market competition and are able to sell the bike over another brand that is similar in price.

·
Registered
2022 GSX-S1000GT+ blue
238 Posts
I rode 240 miles on Saturday. The brakes are definitely ok at speed. They are just terrible feeling at lower speeds. I will most likely try some HH pads and see what that does first.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've got 452 miles on mine now and I've laid into the front brake pretty hard a few times just to see what it's like. The stopping power is there, it just lacks initial bite. I would definitely prefer a slightly stronger initial bite, but to me it is acceptable as is. I'll probably put grabbier pads on it when the stock pads wear out.

I can see how it would be bothersome if one was used to really good brake feel already. My ZX-10R brakes felt GREAT, but it's been a long time since I had that and the other bikes' brakes since then have felt 'acceptable' as well (though less powerful that the GT's overall), so I'm not as hurt by it.

·
Registered
2022 GSX-S1000GT+ blue
238 Posts
And unless you’re coming into turns at track speeds looking for braking marker 2 or 1, you’ll be fine. It’s just those times when you need to get on them hard at the last second or panic that you may want to change things.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Good to hear! Also, how about a ride report covering all aspects...your 2K miles mean a lot more than a quickie journalist ride under Suzuki supervision!!
Let me catch my breath a little I just got back home today. Next two days hectic at work I’m sure bern gone 6 days. But I’ll touch base on everything you’ve mentioned.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Brakes are kinda meh… changing pads will fix that. Rear tire was done at 3500 miles. Kinda expected that. I switched to the Dunlop Roadsmart4. Has good grip wet or dry. Moved to a 190/55 to get some better feel. Pretty happy with it. I’ll Probably end up with Q3 on the front once the stock tire is done….

·
Registered
2022 GSX-S1000GT+ blue
238 Posts
3500 miles or so and not impressed with EBC HH pads. I guess I will try the SBS pads and leave it at that. I haven't had any issue railing on the OEM tires, but I did end up going to a 190/55 Roadsport2 on the rear due to a screw in the tire at 600 miles. I'm fairly set on getting the Roadsmart 3's next. They have a $40 rebate and I get 10% off at Cycle Gear.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts