GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bit of a flawed article really as he didn't review a standard factory machine but a 'Yoshimura tricked out version'.
This should have been stated and made clearer at the start of the article imo.

The 'silkiest throttle connection bar none' and 'throttle transitions from on to off like butter' suggest this test bike was probably remapped as well. Certainly wasn't the impression I had on the bike that I tested.
Ohlins kit in the forks and Ohlins rear shock is a suspension set up I would have liked to have tested as well.

Rest of the article was pretty spot on.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't even notice a Yoshimura reference. Good catch. Don't have time right now to re-read the article. Where did you see it?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Bit of a flawed article really as he didn't review a standard factory machine but a 'Yoshimura tricked out version'.
This should have been stated and made clearer at the start of the article imo.

The 'silkiest throttle connection bar none' and 'throttle transitions from on to off like butter' suggest this test bike was probably remapped as well. Certainly wasn't the impression I had on the bike that I tested.
Ohlins kit in the forks and Ohlins rear shock is a suspension set up I would have liked to have tested as well.

Rest of the article was pretty spot on.
The article is clearly reffering to the stock muffler and the sound of it. On the pictures I see a standard muffler as well. Don't see any connection to yoshimura or powercommander.

Mine has now about 5000 km and my feeling is that the engine is swift on the throttle in all gears

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's interesting to read his opinion on the 'silky' throttle and on/off transition being 'like butter'. It's dated October 1, so maybe there's been a slight change to the mapping prior to the test? Or...maybe he just has much better throttle control than me haha

·
Registered
415 Posts
Maybe the tester has a well set up bike and good throttle control. I was looking for this throttle problem on the test bike I rode and it didn't seem an issue to me. I went through several sets of lights and roundabout and never gave it a second thought. I'll provide a more informed opinion once I pick my bike up.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Took mine out mums the weekend and adjusted all the play out of the cable on the adjuster. Definitely better

Reactions: Jaked

·
Registered
95 Posts
The article is clearly reffering to the stock muffler and the sound of it. On the pictures I see a standard muffler as well. Don't see any connection to yoshimura or powercommander.

Mine has now about 5000 km and my feeling is that the engine is swift on the throttle in all gears
The reviewer clearly states he road a Yoshimura version, 5 paragraphs up from the end of the article, and what other tweaks have been made to this particular machine are not noted.
Now did he only ride this bike during the test, who knows.
More direct side by side comparisons with a standard machine would have been nice.:|

·
Registered
51 Posts
yes jong he does mention the yoshi tricked up bike in that paragraph, but up until then its the standard bike he was testing . he mentioned the kyb front forks and a shock only adjustable for spring preload and compression damping only and wandered if it could be smoothed out. Then he rode the yoshi tricked out bike and said the ride was smoother. earlier on he also mentions the burble of the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The reviewer clearly states he road a Yoshimura version, 5 paragraphs up from the end of the article, and what other tweaks have been made to this particular machine are not noted.
Now did he only ride this bike during the test, who knows.
More direct side by side comparisons with a standard machine would have been nice.:|
The reviewer mentions that he had ridden a tricked out yoshi version in three lines of that paragraph. Prior to that and after that, all he is reviewing was the standard model.

·
Registered
95 Posts
OK fair point, after rereading again that's probably the case.
The description of the the throttle surprises me though as he is highly praise worthy.
As others have mentioned as he describes no issues it makes you wonder if the test bike was remapped or adjusted in some way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
OK fair point, after rereading again that's probably the case.
The description of the the throttle surprises me though as he is highly praise worthy.
As others have mentioned as he describes no issues it makes you wonder if the test bike was remapped or adjusted in some way.
True, I certainly wouldn't call the throttle on mine silky

1 - 13 of 13 Posts