GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Throttle snatch and remaps

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  GSX87 
#1 ·
Hi guys I’m not going to go into the whole snatch thing as we know it’s well documented, I’ve done the katana throttle tube swap but it’s still there my bike is a 2017, I’ve been in touch with p3t they said they can do either full RR map or a base map which is quite a lot cheaper and will get rid of this issue.
They say as they have done plenty of these bikes they have a map they can just put on ecu and have plenty to choose from depending on my mods, my bike is standard anyway has anyone gone down this route or can recommend a mapper in the north west, uk .

Also how loud is the exhaust with a decat but stock muffler? As I want to get rid of cat but want it Not to be too loud and I know getting rid of cat gets rid of muffler box.

thanks

#2 ·
It will be loud with a decat and stock can, if you put a stubby exhaust on a k5 gsxr or any inline 4 it would be loud. When I first got mine they didn't make many exhausts, the only one was arrow headers so I made one from the original, it had a 11" mid pipe and a stubby end can, it's loud.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
This picture shows the exhaust I made, it worked very well, looks wise well that's down to personal opinion however it is exactly the same power (to the butt Dyno) as my arrow headers, both exhausts had autotune running on them to get the fueling right. One thing I have noticed between the exhausts is the one I made sounded better, not so raspy, deeper sound, more refined. I have now gone back to stock and I do miss the sound but it was obnoxious with both tbh. In an ideal world somewhere in the middle would be better, possibly a straight through longer system (exhaust sitting in front of the back wheel) with a baffle, that's just my opinion though.

#7 ·
I was informed by a Cop as he booked me for speeding that the standard exhaust system is plenty loud enough to draw attention. Hence he was primed and ready with the gun.
Depends on what revs you were at I suppose??
Most people say electric bikes are no good, in this instance he would still be fumbling about with the gun as you zoom past.

#9 ·
I guess it's a matter of opinion and experience. Plenty of loud bikes here in Oz.
Nothing more obnoxious than a straight piped Harley but even that has its place in the world. The stock system was too quiet for me. Decat and Yoshi R11 is a happy medium.

#11 ·
Just remember that the baffle in the standard silencer is fixed (welded),whereas an aftermarket pipe has removable baffle which can be adapted for quieter if you so wish. I put the Dominator pipe on mine but kept the motor valve and half the cat and an Arrow end can, it is louder than stock obviously but the change of end can does hardly any difference to loudness. Its not as loud as the older Bandits etc which have no valve. At full revs yes its loud but the valve will control noise at medium revs/throttle openings and there is minmal popping and banging on overrun due to the valve. I am happy with mine and fully confident it will pass any MOT test, but as a back up I have the aforementioined modified baffle.

#16 ·
Try this in the mean time for throttle snatch, worked wonders for my bike (a 2016) and adding the Katana throttle tube had a little effect, but nothing like this did.

#19 ·
I tried the diagnostic mode holding full throttle and switching bike off, don’t know if it’s a placebo but seems slightly better. I have ordered a decat pipe so I will a bench map. Anyone had experience in uk with bench map?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.