GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale - G2 throttle tamer. ( 40-4F-136-S ) been on the bike for 3 months, no longer needed. couple of little blobs off gluing the grips on apart from that perfect condition. No instructions but non needed really simple to fit.

£50.00

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Helped for me, it smoothed off the initial throttle jerk and made the bike more controllable at low speeds when filtering ( use my bike for commuting ). I fitted a power commander which negated the need for the tamer.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hello mate was thinking of getting one is it worth it does it make any difference thanks

I may have sold my bike if it wasn't for the throttle tamer, it's not the fueling fix the bike needs but it makes a huge difference IMO

·
Registered
719 Posts
between the throttle tamer and my PCV the bike is almost perfect. If only I could disable the fuel cutoff without a reflash!

·
Registered
974 Posts
between the throttle tamer and my PCV the bike is almost perfect. If only I could disable the fuel cutoff without a reflash!

I could not agree more

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hijacked thread alert ^^^^

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whiteshark
Having not ridden a bike with an ECU reflash I can't say if it would be of benefit or not to have a tamer fitted, if the reflash removes/turns off the throttle cut and applies a better fueling map, then i would say no. If you feel the the throttle action after the reflash is a bit urgent ( but smooth ) from standstill, then the tamer will ease this as you will need to twist the throttle further to gain the same rev rise in the initial first 1/3 (or so) of twist due to the shallower profile, after that its profiled as per the normal OEM throttle tube. Hope this helps.

http://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/members/whiteshark.html

·
Registered
285 Posts
new bike 2015, a bit jerky trying to hold constant throttle . Bought a tamer off e-bay $60 US . Great result. Then Suzuki gave me a new ECU. No problems what so ever , kept the tamer fitted , if any one thinking of buying one , it definitely helped my bike.Very small spend for a good result.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts