GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above guys i want your opinions i am thinkjg of fitting the rubberised lettering to my tires in white GSX-S1000 and also yoshimura on both tires both sides.....i have a phantom naked..

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'd say that style is kind of old, but go ahead and do it. If you don't like it, go hit the twisties and wear out the tires and mount new ones. Simple solution. :D

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
if you have to ask you wouldent understand...my bmw 1000 rr buddy says my bike is gay...but every time he changes his oil the drain plug is full of metal and mine is nice and clean,,,hope that helps

·
Registered
891 Posts
if you have to ask you wouldent understand...my bmw 1000 rr buddy says my bike is gay...but every time he changes his oil the drain plug is full of metal and mine is nice and clean,,,hope that helps
So when you look at your drain plug you are happy, which is gay, right? :D

·
Registered
554 Posts
So when you look at your drain plug you are happy, which is gay, right? /forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
Looking at my drain plug doesn't make me unhappy.... takes a mirror and alot of balance which is a feat in itself.

·
Registered
650 Posts
This went a way I didn't expect. I say no to the tire lettering. I think it would look odd to have lettering on top of the lettering that's imprinted on the tire sidewall. But each of us have our own aesthetic choices. Maybe letter the rim? I wouldn't do that either, but it's a clean surface. No rim jokes...

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
TLDR: BMW rider says GSXS rider's bike is gay but GSXS1000 riders plug is clean and free of debris.
Lettering on tires have homosexual tendencies to Australians.
we all have the lettering on tires some names on tires are a little odd....it seems when putting makeup on the letters lies the problem......but at times one must be bold.....who are we to judge,,,,,bet my S21in blue to match my master link,,,,theres any idea

·
Registered
246 Posts
IMO it can look good on a vintage custom/cafe/street-tracker with bias-ply tires. But I don't think you'll get a positive reaction in doing it with a modern bike. Plus you don't have much of a sidewall with radial tires, so you might achieve the same effect with rim tape and/or rim decals (which are much more acceptable).

·
Registered
554 Posts
Friend of mine did it to his new tyres on his rsv4. I thought it looked tacky, he obviously loved it enough to do both tyres. His opinion mattered the most.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Dang I like the little red letters on the side of my Rosso 2s, I hope that don't make me gay because I really like my girlfiends boobies

1 - 20 of 31 Posts