GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got this last night and put it on. Here’s some pics and instructions

toby part number 15.SU10.10-Red
revzilla link: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/toby-steering-damper-road-suzuki-gsxs1000-f-2016-2017#skus_tab
instructions from toby: http://toby.be/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/15.SU10.10-GSX-S1000-2015.pdf

in short it was easy if you have something similar to the following:
- 5mm L shape hex key with a torque helper
- loctite
- dremel
- torque wrench
- t20 socket
- flat head screwdriver

note
- handlebar bolts 23nm / 17lb-ft
- included O gasket mounts in between the tube support and its mount, can be seen in step 8 from the instructions
- use a flat head screwdriver to gently pry open the tube support just a bit so you dont scratch the damper sliding it in. Or something plastic to be extra careful
- when tightening the damper support t20 bolts, push the damper forward and turn the bars to give yourself more room
- i can still access the oxford heated grip controls with my thumb..
- this is the best looking damper for our bikes IMO and the red matches very nicely

it turns easily, some have claimed its hard in the first position... didnt feel that. I rode with it locally and highway on position 10 and i didnt notice it. My previous experience was a honda HESD which is adjusted based on speed and if it senses a shake... wish something like that was available. For our bikes this seems to be the highest end damper thats available currently. I woudlnt upgrade to an Ohlins but I would consider a scotts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you. I am planning on adding this before next season and will be nice safety net with after the motor work.

Please remember to not use it to cover up suspension issues. This is only meant in case of rake impacts causing wobbles. If the bike isn’t stable on smooth roads without this damper then you have to get the suspension sorted out. Increasing horsepower also means suspension adjustments. Please be safe out there guys & gals.

·
Registered
326 Posts
How has the dampener held up? I’ve heard some people talk about having issues with leaks and no one would stand behind the one year warranty in the state’s

I’m looking into getting a dampener but I don’t even see any other options other than Toby

1 - 10 of 10 Posts