GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced against a buddy with his Triumph 675 Street Triple. Yes it is an uneven match, but he weighs 135 lbs. I am 238. Believe me our races are close off the line because of the weight difference between us and our bikes. If he gets the jump he will beat me up to 3rd gear. This time we did an even rolling start from about 15mph. As you can hear he revved up and left a little before I did.

I do love that Triumph. It has the best sound.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. Also I hate the tach on the GSXS. I just picked up a shift light. It is too hard watching the tach and the road. I drifted left because I had a pretty bad cross wind. If I didn't have to watch the tach, I would have compensated sooner. I did watch the video in slow mo and I did shift ok, but not perfect. I have accelerated harder before. I use the Calimoto app and it tracks all of that. Lean angle, pos and neg acceleration, etc.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yes. Also I hate the tach on the GSXS. I just picked up a shift light. It is too hard watching the tach and the road. I drifted left because I had a pretty bad cross wind. If I didn't have to watch the tach, I would have compensated sooner. I did watch the video in slow mo and I did shift ok, but not perfect. I have accelerated harder before. I use the Calimoto app and it tracks all of that. Lean angle, pos and neg acceleration, etc.
Agreed 100%. The tachometer is crap when trying to time shifts perfectly by watching it.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a Heal Tech shift light. I just need to find a tach pulse and hook it up. I will mount it above the speedo so I can see it in my peripheral and watch the road. They are programmable so I can set it however I want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts