GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

Registered
You've got plenty of time, just getting your training wheels off /forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_smile.png /forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
I won't even try to play it tough about the training wheels, because that's exactly what it feels like 馃槀

As long as your loving it who cares how fast you are ENJOY
I think it's usually self inflicted, "I could go faster!" And getting better and breaking your limits is fun! ... Just don't break yourself 馃槀

Registered
It truly is all in your head though. Your head will block you from going faster. However, in the end only two things matter at track days.
1. You learn something and improve.
2. You have fun.

Going home with an intact bike knowing you didn't ride over your head is better than an ambulance ride or bringing home your bike in a garbage bag.

Registered
It truly is all in your head though. Your head will block you from going faster. However, in the end only two things matter at track days.
1. You learn something and improve.
2. You have fun.

Going home with an intact bike knowing you didn't ride over your head is better than an ambulance ride or bringing home your bike in a garbage bag.

You are 100% right on this one.
...bringing your bike home in a garbage bag - made me laugh.

And I have been smoked by a couple dirt bikes with street tires myself, and girls, and 300cc bikes, and......I need more track time.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
You are 100% right on this one.
...bringing your bike home in a garbage bag - made me laugh.

And I have been smoked by a couple dirt bikes with street tires myself, and girls, and 300cc bikes, and......I need more track time.
There were some really fast guys out there.
My goal was bringing myself and that pretty bike back in one piece, too old to worry about what people think. Especially on my first time out. The closest I got to 鈥渢angle鈥 was one of the instructors wizzing by a foot and a half from my handlebar at 70 mph :( Need way more track time to be fast, but it was quite easy to let it rip on the straightaway!!
Just have fun!!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
I'll send you a pic of my setup later this evening.

Very good. I may post a picture of my setup as well.

thanks
Tom,
See my pics of camera mount attached.

Attachments

Registered
Tom,
See my pics of camera mount attached.

That is almost exactly what I have but my 1" ball is mounted to a bolt that replaces one of the handlebar mount bolts. I will get back a little later after I have had a chance to tinker.

I need to see if I can position my camera like yours at basically a 90* angle.

You have a good setup.

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
That is almost exactly what I have but my 1" ball is mounted to a bolt that replaces one of the handlebar mount bolts. I will get back a little later after I have had a chance to tinker.

I need to see if I can position my camera like yours at basically a 90* angle.

You have a good setup.
My 1in ball is just a u-clamp around the handlebars.
The other mount I鈥檝e used on the street is not nearly as sturdy as this setup, but this will go back to phone mount now.....until I sign up for another track day....

Registered
Greetings from Oz Gsxsfan,
Glad you had a blast of a day.
Can you advise what brand & model your windshield is and where you purchased it please.
Thanks in advance.

Keep smiling & upright

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
Greetings from Oz Gsxsfan,
Glad you had a blast of a day.
Can you advise what brand & model your windshield is and where you purchased it please.
Thanks in advance.

Keep smiling & upright
Hi Fezwick,
It鈥檚 a actually a Puig screen for a Suzuki Bking.
Wasn鈥檛 crazy about options out there at the time so found it and thought it would look ok with the lines of the bike.
Had to make my own mounting brackets though. It works ok, takes most of the wind off upper body.
Bought it on eBay for a steal.

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
Nice, I really need to get back to the track and really want to run the GSX-S there but time and money have not aligned for me as of yet.

Ok, so we know there was a track photographer there, where's the pictures?

Also, you'll be annoying all your loved ones as you won't be able to shut up about your trackday for at least a week. Good stuff, love when someone gets to experience their first trackday.
Hey man, track photographer did get me, found some pics online.

Attachments

Registered
Thanks

Hi Fezwick,
It鈥檚 a actually a Puig screen for a Suzuki Bking.
Wasn鈥檛 crazy about options out there at the time so found it and thought it would look ok with the lines of the bike.
Had to make my own mounting brackets though. It works ok, takes most of the wind off upper body.
Bought it on eBay for a steal.

Thanks for your quick response Gsxsfan.
Your screen is MUCH nicer than mine, also a Puig (pic attached) I'll see what I can can find.
Thanks again
TTFN Fezwick

Attachments

Registered
Thank you guys. I bought this ride in Dec last year and it's my first sports bike since I was 20 (had a gsx750es back in the day)!! Had a m109r and a dirt bike in between but that's it.
Have a video from my "dash cam" of an entire 20 minute session if anyone wants to see it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dD1ZosqE6M

Critique the **** out of it, I'd like to hear what a wuzz I am :)
I think you did great not a wuzz at all. I got a question though , are you trail braking thru the curves? It seems like your really slowing down thru the curves and I get it. It took me a few track days to get my braking smooth, which IMO is the key to being fast on the track... smooth trail braking thru the curves.

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
Thank you guys. I bought this ride in Dec last year and it's my first sports bike since I was 20 (had a gsx750es back in the day)!! Had a m109r and a dirt bike in between but that's it.
Have a video from my "dash cam" of an entire 20 minute session if anyone wants to see it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dD1ZosqE6M

Critique the **** out of it, I'd like to hear what a wuzz I am /forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
I think you did great not a wuzz at all. I got a question though , are you trail braking thru the curves? It seems like your really slowing down thru the curves and I get it. It took me a few track days to get my braking smooth, which IMO is the key to being fast on the track... smooth trail braking thru the curves.
Thanks!
Only trail braking here and there but most of the time I get off the brake right before I turn in. I did find a lot of the guys getting off the gas early so I was able to gain on many of them before the turns. The engine braking is pretty strong at higher rpm and my bike has been geared too so I think that makes engine braking even stronger. It鈥檚 +2 in the rear, may even be -1 in front, haven鈥檛 opened it up to look yet. Maybe some of you will be able to tell based on the speed and rpm.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts