GSXS 1000 Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
On 29th Dec 2019, I took my bike to Sepang International Circuit. This is my first track day and still learning body position. Here some of my pictures.
Not bad first time , hang pff more (arse off seat) and get ya head to the inside close to mirror if poss. This bike is great on track
Thank you. Yes, I need to work out my arse off the seat. Maybe this March will go for another round.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks good for a 1st time. More important to concentrate on braking points and lines than it is to hang off at this stage, that will come naturally as you go faster and smoother. Do the organisers there have instructors who can give you pointers and help lead or follow you for a few laps?

What tyres are those? The wear particularly on rear is a bit strange and I wonder if they are a multi-compound tyre.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks good for a 1st time. More important to concentrate on braking points and lines than it is to hang off at this stage, that will come naturally as you go faster and smoother. Do the organisers there have instructors who can give you pointers and help lead or follow you for a few laps?

What tyres are those? The wear particularly on rear is a bit strange and I wonder if they are a multi-compound tyre.
Suspension isn't setup properly or the tyre pressure is too much , that's what there wear is

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
It’s a Multi compound tyre. Pirelli Roso Corsa. A bit difficult to say but the tyre also looks a bit over inflated for track use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Road Atlanta for my first ever track day at age 48. Though I was 18 again, such a blast!! Glad I had the little windshield, hitting 150 mph on back stretch.
FB_IMG_1587366201982.jpg
Did my first track day at cadwell park in the uk doing donington park in a few weeks my problem is worrying about who I'm holding up need to look where I'm going and not whats happening behind me and I'm 53 years old....should know better 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
210 Posts
View attachment 43747 View attachment 43747 Did my first track day at cadwell park in the uk doing donington park in a few weeks my problem is worrying about who I'm holding up need to look where I'm going and not whats happening behind me and I'm 53 years old....should know better 🤣🤣🤣
If you're pulling wheelies up The Mountain I doubt you will be holding up too many. If they want to go past they need to do it safely, but if you are feeling unsure just make sure you don't leave them space to duff you up on the inside and make them go the long way round, you have as much right to be on track and take your line as they do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you're pulling wheelies up The Mountain I doubt you will be holding up too many. If they want to go past they need to do it safely, but if you are feeling unsure just make sure you don't leave them space to duff you up on the inside and make them go the long way round, you have as much right to be on track and take your line as they do.
Looking forward to donington know I've done one track day good advice think there was a few very fast lads that couldnt get in the fast group but soon learnt to let them do there own stuff..they know how to pass

·
Registered
182 Posts
How much did this track day cost? I've heard they're as expensive as a decent bike upgrade?

I'm unsure about it (but really want to try) as seeing my bike crash on track would pyss me off more than on the road

·
Registered
11 Posts
How much did this track day cost? I've heard they're as expensive as a decent bike upgrade?

I'm unsure about it (but really want to try) as seeing my bike crash on track would pyss me off more than on the road
Haya Gixis think we i payed about £128 for cadwell and payed £149 for donington i was also worried about my bike but you will only go as fast as you want. I used MSV but have noticed a lot of track days are full

61 - 70 of 70 Posts