GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i know we didn't buy theses bikes for the quality of their tool kit and nearly everybody who does anything on their bike has some better quality stuff i the garage but I have always carried the original tool kit ( often with a couple of choice after market tools too), incase of an emergency.
I opened my tool kit this weekend for the first time and couldn't see a spanner to fit the rear wheel socket or a long reach spark plug spanner!!
In fact, I wasn't able to do a simple task like adjusting the chain!!
Fortunately Little Bro was over on his K8 750 and we used his tool kit which had a full accompaniment of tools.
Is this normal? or am I missing some?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Suzuki dont supply emergency handtools for the aluminium swing arm and head. They expect you to use a torque wrench. I had the same with my last two Yamahas as you can knacker the threads up way too easily.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I went to sears and switched out my crap wrenches for some semi-crappy upgrades. Also, if you switch out to a lithium battery, it opens enough space for a flat repair kit and more tools.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,884 Posts
I bought a new BMW F800 ST in 2013, no tool kit at all with that. They told me they are all like that now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I hope you don't need a plug spanner on the side of the road because to just get to a plug is a major job.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be honest, I wouldn't want to rely on any supplied bike tool kit. They have always been cheap and nasty but as an emergency it's better than nothing.
If you can strip the rear axle bolt with a hand tool you are a stronger man than me.
Maybe I'm just expecting too much and nobody has a go at fixing things these days, they just rely on the relay services.

Great idea about the Lithium battery. Space is slightly tight to say the least. I could get a six pack of beer under my SP2 hump so If I did break down at least I wasn't thirsty;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts