GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GSX-S1000F
53 Posts
When I got the bike it already had a Givi topbox mount. It made sense to go with the Givi ST604 panniers as well. I had a 52L topbox and the bike came with a 40L. So I can mix and match. Haven't done much touring yet as COVID hit shortly after I got the bike

·
Registered
116 Posts
I invested in the Givi Sport-T line of kit. The cases are 44L combined (they weigh 22 lbs full of gear), the tank bag (ring mount) is 5L at ~2 lbs full, and I have a 22L tail bag which weighs 5-7 lbs full of gear. I did one trip where I needed my Kriega R15 (mostly for a water bladder). There's enough room for mounting tents, sleeping bags, and other bits with ROK straps.

It's a tight squeeze with both a tail bag and backpack but I make it work for "commuting" to/from my destination.

Here it is with just the cases and tank bag.

Edit: Here are links if you want to replicate my setup. Revzilla seems out of stock but you should be able to find everything over at Suzuki GSX-S1000F Motorcycle Accessories | TwistedThrottle.com.

These are what i have, excellent and make it look like they were built just for the bike rather then generic.

Even found a tailtidy that fit oxford knightrider indicators and doesnt affect the panniers when on..

·
Registered
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000FA
89 Posts
I use the Suzuki set up for tank bag (which I upgraded to the one with the electrical connection so I can have a charger in it) and the rear end bag. Then I bought the SW Motech side panniers. They are a bit small but I got it all in.

My problem is the screen. I have the Suzuki touring screen, which provides good body protection (stops you getting blown off the back) but the wind turbulence behind it and the associated noise is horrendous. I tried the original screen too, and although that was quiet, it offers little or no wind protection and after a while of travelling at 80 mph, you are battered by the wind.

Anyone know of a good and quiet touring screen>
Where did you get those riding pants at?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Look at RevZilla. I have a pair of leather and mesh pants made by Revit that give plenty of protection AND ventilation. I think they're called Ignition or Gear 2 pants..... can't remember.

·
Registered
2018 GSX-S1000FA, Nitron R3, Frentubo braided lines, Custom ECU Tune, S2-Concepts seat, Givi Luggage
15 Posts
Finally finished the touring setup for my F-model. Got the Givi 47L top box and mounts when I purchased the bike new, just added the Givi panniers, and upgraded the pillion (S2 Concepts) so the missus is now a lot more comfortable on the back. It does make the rider a little cramped, but it's easy to swap out with the stand pillion when riding solo.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,042 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Finally finished the touring setup for my F-model. Got the Givi 47L top box and mounts when I purchased the bike new, just added the Givi panniers, and upgraded the pillion (S2 Concepts) so the missus is now a lot more comfortable on the back. It does make the rider a little cramped, but it's easy to swap out with the stand pillion when riding solo.
View attachment 46126
View attachment 46127
love your seat, looks comfy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I already had a set of Hepco Becker C-Bow bags so I made new brackets that fit to Ventura L brackets with a simple loop at the back that can be used with a BMW bag if extra capacity is required. For normal riding I have a R-Jays tank bag fitted to the back of the rack to carry sunglasses, ear plugs, puncture repair kit etc.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I already had a set of Hepco Becker C-Bow bags so I made new brackets that fit to Ventura L brackets with a simple loop at the back that can be used with a BMW bag if extra capacity is required. For normal riding I have a R-Jays tank bag fitted to the back of the rack to carry sunglasses, ear plugs, puncture repair kit etc. View attachment 46132
View attachment 46133
View attachment 46134
Cool, I have the same BMW tail bag on mine lol

·
Banned
134 Posts
When I got the bike it already had a Givi topbox mount. It made sense to go with the Givi ST604 panniers as well. I had a 52L topbox and the bike came with a 40L. So I can mix and match. Haven't done much touring yet as COVID hit shortly after I got the bike
awesome- i use a give top case and its great it can hold my helmet gloves jacket when i stop and is water proof-

21 - 37 of 37 Posts