GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing my first track day on Saturday on the GSXS1000A.

I've done 4 track days on my old ER6N.

I'm sure this question has been asked somewhere on this forum before but I can't find it.

Tyre pressures? What should I be running?

Track temperature will be starting around 10 degrees climbing to around 16 degrees. Standard tyres from new, 3000km. I weigh 82kg.

Also, recommended pressures for town and around would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
On track- for any road tyres- a starting point 30 at front 28 at rear ( cold ). If you are not used to this it will feel a little weird at first- once your tyres are warm it will be fine. Just set them and forget ( until you ride home )

Road pressures I would run are 36/36

Hot countries 34/34

Manufacturers recommended is 36/42 which to be honest would work in most conditions. All dependent upon your riding style- pillions ? etc etc.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i think 30f and 28r spot on. Enjoy the day ya might want to stiffen up the sussies a little , depends on ya pace . Enjoy the bike it likes the track .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dunlop has some amazing info on tire pressures posted on their websites.
My last bike was a 600rr w. Q3's and I used their rec's and it was nice!

The fact is each manufacturer is very different but the "tire guy" at the trackdays should have broad knowledge of most tires and be able to help you out.
When I ran my Ducati I was surprised at how low that specific tire (pirelli) was to be ran in the rear pressures.

I think the tire manufacturers put high rear pressures on the stickers to make them A. last and B. feel more stable on varied surfaces.
Once you get into low rear pressures the rear of the bike will be a little squirrely unless it's really loaded up!

Have fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts