GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
few photos from my 2 days at chuckwalla valley raceway last week. first time at the track on the bike, and had only ridden it a handful of times before spinning some new tires on and seeing what it can do. overall very impressed and happy with the bike, on the road, and on the track.

for those interested, i mounted pirelli diablo rosso corsas, 190/55 rear profile. tires were great, highly recommend. usually wear dunlop q3s but wanted to try the pirellis and think i'll be going with them from now on when i'm headed to the track but want to ride the same tire on the street.

as for suspension, here are the changes i made:

Front:
Preload as is
Compression 4 clicks out from max stiffness
Rebound 2 clicks out from max stiffness

Rear
Max preload
No change to rebound

bike was on rails. have no immediate plans to upgrade any performance parts, the suzuki is more than capable for most if not all of us mortals. i'm a "slow A group/fast B group" pace rider, and for those speeds, the bike is absolutely fine in its stock form. my 2 cents.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Great pictures! I'd blow one up and hang it over my fireplace in the living room!

Question: Doesn't the mustache itch inside a helmet? I'd be afraid it would and I'd have to scratch it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thumper, when i'm riding i don't think much about facial har, especially at the track with the bike leaned over :eek:

thanks for the compliment though, it was a great few days on my new bike, the zuki did not disappoint

Great pictures! I'd blow one up and hang it over my fireplace in the living room!

Question: Doesn't the mustache itch inside a helmet? I'd be afraid it would and I'd have to scratch it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got to stay loose on the bars thumperbob or you only fight the bike. it's a big one for me when i'm pushing it; the more speed, the more relaxed i try to be on the bike. thanks for the kind words.

Look at those relaxed hands/arms! Go for it pal!

·
Registered
71 Posts
got to stay loose on the bars thumperbob or you only fight the bike. it's a big one for me when i'm pushing it; the more speed, the more relaxed i try to be on the bike. thanks for the kind words.
I have the F and have ridden nakeds on track many times and its a bit of a job to keep relaxed with the bars- well done that guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts