GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been one for rider aids but today after overtaking four cars and then some gravel on the centre of the road just before a bend, the bike back end went sideways one direction and the front the other.

All of a second I felt either the abs or traction control or even both kicking in. My blood rushed from my face to my arse and it was all okay again. Safe.

I tell you what, if they hadn't been on, it would have been history. :eek:

The traction is on setting one which obviously gives you some protection and lets you do decent wheelies too. You can smack the throttle open and it raises a couple of feet with the knowledge that it wont flip. Ha ha. >:D

·
Registered
234 Posts
I mostly have mine set on 2, can still ride hard with an added safety net. The TC is only there to help keep you safe which lucky for you it did.��

·
Registered
164 Posts
Lee'plus, Mine wasn't quite as dramatic, but I was hammering through the gearbox on the on-ramp entering the freeway. Nothing out of the usual. But! I forgot about the newly added freeway ramp metering light. Anyway I was ripping up on two lanes of stopped traffic. :( I grabbed a handful of brakes and the bike just seemed to "squat" down. No back-and-forth rear wheel worming or anything but a straight stop (with room to spare). I doubt any future bike of mine will not have abs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts