GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GSX is the first bike I have owned that has TC. And yes, I get the reasons to have it, etc....
None the less, I tend to ride with it switched off - which means I have the yellow TC light illuminated - and that is annoying & distracting.

I just bought a role of translucent blue tape that I am going to cut and put over the TC light when I get the bike out of winter storage. I figure I can take the combination meter apart so the tape is between the meter and the meter cover. If this works as I expect, I should have a dull green TC light, not a bright yellow.

NOTE: The meter in the attached pictures is not the meter from my bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I ride with TC off, but have no yellow light showing. I remember it did show yellow light when off when I first got the bike, but now it doesn't. Any idea what would cause this?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ride with TC off, but have no yellow light showing. I remember it did show yellow light when off when I first got the bike, but now it doesn't. Any idea what would cause this?

Does it light up during the startup check?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I find the light annoying as well and even thought about taking the cluster apart to remove the LED altogether. But I've gotten used to it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
How unlikely it is, must be a blown led. Or, someone needs a lesson on running the controls on their bike.😂j/k

pic with tc off & no light?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Here you can see TC off, but no yellow light. Does not illuminate on start-up either. I guess it's a blessing in disguise as I agree with the OP.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I guess the downside is you won't get a warning if there is a problem elsewhere.
But then as the saying goes, "Ignorance is bliss". :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would venture a burnt LED - rare but it does happen.
Guess you can start swapping them out............. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Yeah, but I wonder why it's not illuminated
Hi RP1,
Plundering Pirate Paul's site supplied this below if you want to get inside the speedo dash.
Seeing you don't use the light function, it's for info only.

Rob.

" Removing the Dash

Removing the dash is a 10 minute process, firstly remove the side panels at the top of the fairings (1 on the picture) – 2 allen key bolts and 1 plastic connector per side – take care not to scratch the tank cover, then remove the plastic clip on each side holding the dash (2)

GSXS remove upper dash panels

Next remove the 2 scews (1 in the photo below) holding the dash and surround

GSXS remove dash

Pull the dashboard and surround away from the bike carefully

Next separate the dash from the dash surround – unplug the wiring connector (yellow)m remove the 3 screws (red) and lever the clips (green) with a small flat screw driver. Ignore the part in blue, this is an aftermarket Shift light I fitted.

Separating GSXS dash from bike

You now have the dash separated – It has 8 screws that all need to be unscrewed

And then the rear of the dash can be removed from the GSXS UV Damaged Dash display

GSXS Dash split

No further screws need to be removed – the electronic part of the display can just be lifted out of the case, be careful to lift the electronics out of the case, not lift the case of off the electronics, as you may lose the 2 small plastic pins that connect between the outside buttons and the internal switches. The pins in red nedd to placed, narrow end first into the holes marked in yellow, then place the new cover over the electronics and put back together in the reverse order.

Hint:

Once the dash is screwed back together plug it in and check the switches work correctly before reassembling the rest of the motorcycle "

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Per Rob; the above process is correct. I took mine apart last week and and put a small piece of translucent tape over the TCS light. Easy to do.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Well, I will say this, a while ago I did remove and open up the dash to install the "polarized film" to make the background black and characters white, didn't like it so went back to stock. So possibly during this process something happened, although I was extremely careful (as always) during the procedures. What are the chances the TC LED was affected?? But all-in-all I guess it was a gift in the end! I hated the yellow light always on anyways, as I never use TC..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts