GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do you set your traction control and why? Is the setting in any way depend on the weight of the rider?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
where do you set your traction control and why? Is the setting in any way depend on the weight of the rider?
weight of rider ..no...ill move it around from time to time....usually 1 so yellow light is not on...dont need a yellow light glowing at night....wet cold 3.....power is the same no matter what mode for highway riding ..not planning to bring up front or spin rear at highway speeds

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine has been off since purchased new. Wanted to get well acquainted with the feel of bike without any nanny interruptions. Especially during back road spirited outings. However , it's good to know I have it when and if any unplanned wet conditions arise.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Mine has been off since purchased new. Wanted to get well acquainted with the feel of bike without any nanny interruptions. Especially during back road spirited outings. However , it's good to know I have it when and if any unplanned wet conditions arise.
you wont even know nanny is watching you wont feel her warn touch ....nothing wrong with nanny with a hot body

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just leave mine in 2 almost all the time. I don't want it to be completely intrusive, but I also don't mind extra safety just in case something unpredictable happens (sand or leaves in the road, etc). I only ride in the rain if I get caught by accident, and in those cases I do switch it to level 3.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I ride in the rain a lot and stick it on 3 in those conditions. I run 55 profile Michelin Road 5's and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure how much it takes to make the TC light come on. On the 50 profile OEM D214's, it would come on all the time on setting 3 in the dry when pressing on in the twisties . On 55 profile Metzler 01's, it hardly ever came on and it's probably a case of not even noticing now. In drier conditions, I normally leave it on 2 apart from sticking it on 1 for a track day session. Didn't seem any different from 2 but that's probably because I run out of talent way before the bike!

·
Registered
545 Posts
1 most of the time 3 if it's wet.
Off when attempting - and failing - to wheelie.
I thought TC just prevented the rear wheel from spinning or loosing traction... how does TC affect pulling a wheelie?
Measures the differential from front and rear wheel speed to determine slippage. Front wheel in the air slows down. Tc intercedes.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I usually had TC=Off with my GSXS. Same with the Triple (more "complex" setup though.. have to turn it off in "Bike Setup" for "Rider mode").

TC=1 (GSXS) will in certain conditions allow a huuge wheelie until the ECU notices that the front wheel is not spinning as fast as the rear.
:)

·
Registered
694 Posts
I usually had TC=Off with my GSXS. Same with the Triple (more "complex" setup though.. have to turn it off in "Bike Setup" for "Rider mode").

TC=1 (GSXS) will in certain conditions allow a huuge wheelie until the ECU notices that the front wheel is not spinning as fast as the rear.
:)

Huge being about a foot or two, it feels bigger than it really is (and thats me clutching it straight up) then the power is killed down and comes down gently not abruptly which is quite nice. I cant see you getting any higher than a foot, maybe 2. Its a quick reacting system, and I am glad. wouldn't be much good if it cant detect instantly conditions that could have you wreck.

I really enjoy having Tc1 on and WOT, knowing it'll keep it down yet take off like a rocket with a little lift between gears. its pretty orgasmic actually.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Huge being about a foot or two, it feels bigger than it really is (and thats me clutching it straight up) then the power is killed down and comes down gently not abruptly which is quite nice. I cant see you getting any higher than a foot, maybe 2. Its a quick reacting system, and I am glad. wouldn't be much good if it cant detect instantly conditions that could have you wreck.

I really enjoy having Tc1 on and WOT, knowing it'll keep it down yet take off like a rocket with a little lift between gears. its pretty orgasmic actually.
I got over my wheelie lust with my FZ-07. It would wheelie pretty easy, and I never became "good" at it, but it would lift on command. I don't think I've gotten my GSXS F front wheel off the ground more than a couple inches and that's OK for me. Now I just want a bike that goes where I want, quickly, with good handling, and able to get me squirted through the hole that's closing around me because the two driver beside me can't see whats beside them because their cell phones in the way. :D

D

·
0 Posts
Typically In good conditions I leave it on three for the first 15-20 minutes of riding But once I got the tires warm enough I’ll turn it off,I live in the desert so cold and wet aren’t typically a problem but if they become a problem for whatever reason I just leave it on three...The GSXS-1000 is the first bike I’ve ever had with traction control so it feels A little unnatural to me When Riding in a “spirited” manner But I don’t see the harm in it when conditions are not optimal in which case I’m going to be riding very conservatively anyway so I don’t find it as obtrusive

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use 2 all the time , I've had a little go of changing settings but I've not really noticed anything ,but I didn't trash it so my Input is not very valuable ,only have bike 4 weeks .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Been riding for over 30 years and never had a bike with TC till this one. Initially rode everywhere with it off, but due to the snatchiness of the throttle on this bike I now leave the TC permanently on no.3. Doesn't eliminate the snatchiness, just makes it a bit better.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Been riding since 1963; and this is my first bike with TC.

I have never had an accident, and never laid a bike down.
I have have had more than a few speeding tickets - oh well.

I leave TC off all the time unless the roads are wet / slick.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts