GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they say there isn't a lean sensor on the traction control system but every time I go around a roundabout on number 3 setting it seems to cut in very easily when lent over, yet when upright can give it full beans in the wet without a hint of that light flickering,,strange:| Anyone else experiencing this? Just wondered that's all. Now I just leave it off.:laugh:

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,608 Posts
Yes, I had it on 3 today as I had just fitted new tyres.
Same experience, flickering light when leaned over but not when upright.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I get that, I just assume that powering on the side of the tyre doesn't offer a lot of grip compared to upright.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,608 Posts
On reflection I recon it is possibly to do with the reduced wheel radius when leaned over. This increases the difference in speed between the two wheels as they are not the same profile.

Reactions: trickytruckertrev

·
Registered
647 Posts
Now the weather is getting colder (UK) and there are leaves all over the road it's blinking quite a bit now.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Now the weather is getting colder (UK) and there are leaves all over the road it's blinking quite a bit now.
I took m wife for a spin last time and asked her:

me: how was it?
she: its ok!? just over 200 its a bit hard to hold on at back seat
me: thats normaly its a naked
she: but what is that yellow light that blinked non stop
me: thats ok it has to be this way in the corners
she: aaha ok
me: hahahahaaha>:D;)0:)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I can't find the quote at the moment but someone said that the effectiveness/action of the traction control was influenced by the type of tyres you use, implying that the OEM Dunlops were the "proper" ones.

This is my first bike with traction control. Does anyone have a definitive source for the statement above? The reason I ask is that when the Dunlops are worn out, I had intended to fit Michelin PR4's because I ride in all weathers and they're the best all-round tyre I've ever used - simply outstanding in the wet. If there are compelling reasons why i shouldn't fit them, I'll think again.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I can't find the quote at the moment but someone said that the effectiveness/action of the traction control was influenced by the type of tyres you use, implying that the OEM Dunlops were the "proper" ones.

This is my first bike with traction control. Does anyone have a definitive source for the statement above? The reason I ask is that when the Dunlops are worn out, I had intended to fit Michelin PR4's because I ride in all weathers and they're the best all-round tyre I've ever used - simply outstanding in the wet. If there are compelling reasons why i shouldn't fit them, I'll think again.
Im doing exactly the same PR4's are great tyres. The TC system is forgiving until the wheels count a number of revolutions out of sync. Putting PR4's or any tyre of the same size range arent going to kick the revolutions out enough to effect the system.

personally i cant wait for the tyres to wear out. I had the same dunlops on my Yammy and they suck.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Im doing exactly the same PR4's are great tyres. The TC system is forgiving until the wheels count a number of revolutions out of sync. Putting PR4's or any tyre of the same size range arent going to kick the revolutions out enough to effect the system.

personally i cant wait for the tyres to wear out. I had the same dunlops on my Yammy and they suck.
Thanks for that! I've used a heap of different tyres on my Street Triple and the PR 3's and 4's outshine the rest. For what it's worth, I've done an in-depth review of them: Confessions of an Ageing Motorcyclist: Michelin Pilot Road 3 - end of life review . This is why I'm so keen to get them on the Suzuki, particularly for wet weather.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for that! I've used a heap of different tyres on my Street Triple and the PR 3's and 4's outshine the rest. For what it's worth, I've done an in-depth review of them: Confessions of an Ageing Motorcyclist: Michelin Pilot Road 3 - end of life review . This is why I'm so keen to get them on the Suzuki, particularly for wet weather.
Great write up Geoff. Im at 1400 miles so probably another 1k until i swap mine out. I mainly despair on the front D214's as the front radius is odd for me (i still have the yellow band). Maybe its my riding but the PR4's on my MT09 where so much better for leaning over on and the grip was fantastic even from cold.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Has anyone come to the point of feeling comfortable leaning on the traction control? This is my first TC bike so I am getting used to the concept, but so many reviews of TC bikes say "you can just crack the throttle open mid corner and let the TC sort it out." I wont be trying that trick (at least until after break in), but in TC1 would any of you trust it enough to open the throttle wide while leaned over?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts